Chapter 15

I've thought about that Spring Horse Show. After I feed the horses I will go and enter. I ran into that girl last night. Aparently her name is Caroline, and she told me where to sign up.

It isn't far from here, so I just walk. There is a stream running by me, so I check my reflection in it. My face is a bit dirty so I wash it off.

Soon I see the stables. The sign up sheet in on a table, so I write my name down. I didn't come up with a show name for Star yet.

I just settle on, Super Nova. It is and ODE (one day eventing.) I haven't tried dressage on Star, so I need to practice that.

 I walk back to the barn and Tack up Star in an english bridle and saddle. My tack is all black and my bridle is bitless. My saddle pad is also black with some pink outlining it. I like him in this tack. I mount him then try some Dressage.

"Come on, Star. Please?" I try to do a piaffe. After some tries we are able to do it. I think he's doing well. The horse show is in 2 days. I know Star and I are ready. I remember the horse show I entered on Dream.

That was when I... broke my leg. When I thought my parents were dead. When I only had Dream and Buck.

-------------1 Day later-----------

I wake up and feed the horses. I decide to take Buck on a ride. I put on the bridle and hop on him. I ride to the field. Oh, great.

I see Caroline cantering towards us. She has a nice little fake smile on her face. I roll my eyes.

"I see you signed up for the show." She says, "I'm glad."

"Yea... I just decided it was time to, Finally show Star." I say. Caroline stares at Buck. For a second we are both silent.

"Who is that horse?" She asks pointing to Buck.

"Um, this is Buck. He's my quarter horse gelding." I say proudly.

"How many horses do you own?" Caroline asks me.

"I own three." I reply. She snorts ans smiles.

"I own five."

"Good for you!" I say, sarcastically. Why would I care? 

"Anyway, see you in the arena." She says, turning away. How I wish I could strangle her.