Chapter Three - Cold

"Are you okay, is something wrong?" A concerned voice spoke.

"Nothing" Lilac grumbled not looking at the concerned timid girl and walked her way to the office.

However, she was stopped when a lady with a chef costume, who looked to be in her mid-40's stood in her way glaring at Lilac. Her hands were placed on her hip as a cloth dangled from her arm showing she wasnt pleased.

Lilac grumbled but she couldn't help but ease at the lady. She adored her to much.

Lilac didn't only see her as a cook to the cafe but a motherly figure.

"What is it, child?"

Lilac didn't speak but looked away.

The woman's glare slowly eased of in a worried manner as she stared at Lilac ankle. No wonder she was limping.

"Oh dear, what happened?!" She shrieks as the lady took her to a chair on the vacant tables.

Lilac protested to sit as she had many things to do than worry about her leg. Even though it hurt her she never cared about the injuries. It was like she gave up on caring for herself as people gave up on her growing up. However, in these four years her attitude and behaviour from a cold one has became soft. All thanks to the staff in her cafe. They were like a family to her who never gave up.

They didn't only see her as their boss but they saw her as family. They helped the broken cold girl they saw and helped her with her emotions. She wasn't fully there but they definitely saw improvements. She showed more emotion and became more talkative than ever.

"I'm fine"

"Okay okay- I just tripped okay nothing big, Dia" Lilac smiled as she saw the timid girl and Dia, who was known as the motherly figure to her hovering over her leg.

Lilac laughed seeing them both inspect it carefully. The timid girl quickly brought the first aid kit and applied it carefully. She kept asking if she hurt her when Lilac hissed from the antiseptics.

"Thank-You Aria" Lilac smiled at the timid girl who was known as Aria.

Aria smiled widely as she was happy to be of help.

Lilac helped Aria Three And A Half Years Ago, when the place was being reconstructed. Aria was shy and quite. She was homeless. It was the first time Lilac showed emotion stepping into the country. She saw someone like her. Alone. Abused. No home.

That's how Lilac felt even though she had the Mafia. No one was there for her. She was alone.

Aria had scars all over her body and ragged clothes when she first came across lilac. She was scared of people when she walked the busy streets. From her actions Lilac could tell she was abused and had trauma.

Lilac never forced her to tell her story instead she just helped her. Lilac helped the girl by giving her a job and helping her with accommodation. Aria was still scared but she had grown a lot over the years. Especially with Dia, Lilac and the rest of the cafe staff. They were her family.

"So now, tell me what is up with you? You seem grumpier than usual-

Dia rambled worried for the daughter she never had.

"I'm fine okay, its just-I brought the flowers and they-

Lilac looked away as she saw the sympathy look from Dia and Aria.

Dia sighed, it was like realisation hit her. She knew what today was. But her mood wasn't as grumpy. Something must've happened, she thought. But she let it go.

"I can get some more" Aria squeezed quickly. She wanted to see her happy. Lilac helped her a lot. She was grateful for her.

She was like a big sister Aria never had. She would repay her her whole life.