Putting the romance novel down, she looked at me. "Honey," she leaned forward, "is something bothering you?"

"No," I smiled, "I'm just soaking all of this in, it's so nice here."

Her lips came up into a bright smile. "It is, isn't it?" She looked out to the scenery, a dreamy look on her face. "Your father and I found this place, along with Howard and Glory, when we were younger. Glory and I fell in love with this place instantly. So your father and Howard, being the two gentlemen that they are, built the cabin and that dock. They told us it was for when we wanted to get away from everything." The way she talked, it was as if she missed this place terribly. "Not that Evanswood is all hustle and bustle. I'm glad we're back from New York - I forget why we even ever left this town."

"I miss my New York, but this is pretty relaxing - much better than a hot New York roof top."

We both laughed and continued on talking about the pros and cons of leaving New York. All too soon it was time for everyone to wake up, whether they wanted to, or not.

"Holly, why don't you go wake everyone up? I'll go and fix lunch. What do you think, hamburgers and hot-dogs?"

I thought about what would be good for lunch. "How about pizza for lunch, and hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner?"

Mom laughed, "I guess we could do that." She got up, grabbing her book in the process. "But no eating to much, Holly," she said sternly.

I sighed and followed her inside. She went into the kitchen to prepare the pizza and I went up the stairs to the rooms.

First stop was my parents room. I knocked on the door, which caused it to fully open. Since the door wasn't locked, let alone latched, I knew it was perfectly fine to walk in. Stepping in, I quietly made my way to his bed, I could hear him snoring softly. The blankets hardly covered him, it was times like this I was thankful that my dad wears pajama bottoms to bed - no way do I want to see my dad in his boxer briefs - or whatever he wears - or worse, commando. I lightly shook his shoulder. "Dad?" No answer. "Dad." Still no answer. "Dad!"

Dad's eyes shot open. "Wha-what! What's happening?!" he asked/shouted, sleepy, but at the same time alarmed.

"It's time to wake up. Mom's starting lunch."

His eyes flickered shut, then opened once again. "All right, I'll be out in a minute."

I took that as my queue to leave. Next stop was Howard and Glory, which were easy to wake up. Then it was the little kids, then Leslie, they were a little more difficult, especially Leslie - lazy ass. Last was Marcus.

Marcus. Remembering those yellow eyes, and what he did to my dad made me pause where I was, outside his door with my fist ready to knock. I remember hearing him come in late the night before. I'm not sure where he had gone the whole time, considering he hadn't taken a car, but it was well past four in the morning when he came back. I knocked, with no reply I turned the knob to find it unlocked. Opening the door, I spotted him sprawled out on his bed, in nothing but boxers. I could see the muscles on his back and legs. He was definitely drool worthy, but I would never let him know that. I crept closer to him, and taking a deep, calming breath, I shook his shoulder. "Marcus?" Nothing. "Marcus, it's time to wake up." He didn't budge. "Marcus!" I noticed his lips starting to move so I bent down to hear him.

"....Mate-" he mumbled in his sleep.

I straightened, confused. Mate? What? I shook his shoulder again, a bit harder than the last time. His response shocked me.

I didn't see the arms coming. They wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me onto the bed with him. I was too caught off guard to react to the new position I was in. He drew me closer and tightened his arms a little more on my waist. I could feel his steady, cinnamon scented, breath on my neck. Then, without warning, I felt full, gentle lips press to said neck.

My hands shot out and shook him, making him rock from side to side. "Marcus, wake up!"

I was suddenly graced with the greenest eyes ever. I knew Marcus's eyes were green, but I never knew just how green they were. His eyes were like emeralds. The greenest of the green. Soul capturing. They looked as if they could pierce right through you. To describe them in one word would be, ravishing. I then looked down at the lips that kissed my neck. Those desirable lips held a smirk.

"Couldn't resist coming in my bed, huh?" Marcus teased.

For some reason I felt embarrassed. I could feel my cheeks reddening from his statement. "I-I came to wake you up, it's after ten."

Marcus smiled. "Not that I'm complaining, but did it really involve climbing into bed with me?" His arms tightened again and he wriggled his eyebrows.

Anger took over my embarrassment. After a short struggle, I got up. "You are the one who pulled me into the the bed!"

Marcus flipped on his back, raising himself up by his elbows. "Let me get this straight. I went into your bedroom, grabbed you and dragged you into my bed, all the while being alseep?"

I huffed. "I came in here to wake you up. You wrapped your arms around me and pulled me onto your bed." I purposely left out the kissing my neck part.

Marcus got up and stepped close to me, making me take a few steps back. He frowned at my movement, but quickly turned it into a smile. "Just admit that you like me, Holly. That you want me."

My mouth could have hit the floor. "In your dreams, Marcus."

"Yes, my wet dreams."

I went to slap him, but he quickly moved.

"Guess I'll see you in a few minutes, unless," he looked at me with a strange look in his eyes, "you want to watch me shower?" His eyes became dark, "or join me?"