Chapter 68. The Simple Life

Start from the beginning

· ⊱———————❖———————⊰ ·

"We should camp here, do the rest of the journey tomorrow," he said as he slowed his horse.

"You sure? I think we could make it tonight," you weren't sure if he was just stalling as he felt himself getting close, but either way understood and would be grateful for some rest.

The two of you found a secluded spot, hitched the horses and pitched a tent. Dutch lit his cigar with a match, before using it to light the campfire as the sun began to set. You both sat back on your hands in the entryway of the tent and watched the flames as they rose. Dutch's fingers were over yours, and there was something endearing about his desire to always have contact with you.

After some time spent enjoying the scenery, he pulled his satchel out to look through it for some oatcakes. He emptied some of its contents, including the checked red bandana he used to wear.

"Jeez," you remarked as you picked it up and held it in front of you. "Why do you still have this?" It was pretty tatty and the colour had faded.

Dutch chuckled and took it from you before flipping it over. "See that, there?" he pointed to a small sewn-in cross in the fabric.

You nodded.

"You sewed the hole in it, only a few days after you arrived at camp," he said proudly.

"I did? I don't even remember," you ran your thumb over your shoddy stitchwork.

"You did. I'd planned to get a new one there and then, but it ended up in the sewing pile and you fixed it. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of after that," he chuckled. "Then, I lost you..." he looked back into the fire and sighed. "It was all I had left."

Leaning over, you planted a kiss on his cheek. "Dutch van der Linde, you truly are a romantic," you teased.

He smirked, before putting out the fire and moving inside the tent.

"Tired already?" you asked, as you followed him in and shut the entrance.

He shook his head, before pulling you towards him. You could see the lust in his eyes as he gazed at you. Despite staying with him for a few days, you hadn't made love to him yet. Perhaps it was the cold climate in the mountains that made you shudder at the idea of having to take off your layers, or it was the uncertainty of whether any of this was a good idea at all.

At that moment, neither of those things were an issue. "I don't think I can wait any longer," he kissed your neck and ran his hands down your sides.

"Me neither," you exhaled and began to unbutton his shirt, as you moved over him and felt him bulging underneath you.

You felt slightly nervous that at any moment someone could just open your tent, but you'd be lying if it didn't add to the excitement.

Dutch appeared to think so too. "I have missed you," he sighed in between kisses.

"Show me," you breathed.

He let out a sigh of appreciation as he exposed your chest in front of him. He admired your body as he ran his hands from your hips to your breasts, before taking one of your nipples in his mouth and circling his tongue around it.

You groaned and ran your hands into his hair as he moved to your other breast. He kissed between them before glancing down at your now wet centre. He placed his arms to your waist and switched your position so you were underneath him.

His eyes looked up at you as he kissed down your stomach, and you opened your legs to greet him. He gripped at your thighs and didn't appear to have it in him to tease you. He brought his mouth over your undergarments and manoeuvred his tongue around, causing you to drop your head back in appreciation.

He pulled your garments down and you felt his breath on your slit. His tongue followed, and he moved hungrily around your area. You couldn't help your moans now, as he sucked at your clit and brought his hands to hold your waist as you ground against his mouth.

His head moved away and you saw your juices glisten on in beard. You bit your lip to stifle a laugh, which he noticed with a smirk and brought his face to yours to kiss you. His dressed cock grazed your opening, and he looked at you to check it was okay. You tried to keep your eager nod minimal, to which he smirked again and freed himself.

One of his hands made its way up your torso to your shoulder, and his other hand steered himself to your entrance. He kissed you as he slowly pushed his way in, and breathed with delight as his forehead fell to your chest and he began to thrust in and out of your tight heat.

"Oh, Dutch," you exhaled and parted your lips in bliss as you wrapped your legs around him. You could tell he was trying to make the experience last, while simultaneously bursting to finish in you. He brought his hand to the side of your face and brought his mouth to yours. His tongue poked into your mouth, and his beard was ticklish against your face.

Your breathing synchronised as he quickened his pace. "Y/n," he moaned, he couldn't wait any longer. He brought his thumb onto your clit to encourage you to join him, and when you were close and he was finished, he pulled out and returned his head between your legs.

He swirled his tongue passionately until your orgasm came, your releases mixing. You tightened your thighs around his face until you relaxed them along with the rest of your body, as you blinked at the ceiling of the tent.

He lay his head on your left thigh, as his hand stroked up and down the inside of your right one.

The encounter had appeared to breathe new life into him as you caught a glimpse of the assertive man you knew all those years ago.

After he'd cleaned up, he lay his head on your chest. His beard was ticklish against your skin, while you both caught your breath. "We should go camping more often," he mumbled.

You snorted and ran your fingers between his curls that were now moist with sweat. He kissed your chest, then returned his head to its previous position. He interlocked his hands into yours, and not long after you heard his faint snoring.