2. 2ND IMPRESSIONS

IT'S BEEN ROUGHLY a week since we last saw the Cortez family and I guess I spoke too soon because now we are on our way to stay the night

IT'S BEEN ROUGHLY a week since we last saw the Cortez family and I guess I spoke too soon because now we are on our way to stay the night. My mom and Kylan thought it would be good bonding experience for us kids while they went out on a date. My mom told us that Kylan said it was a very special night, whatever that means. I didn't really want to go back there but my mom was so happy about it, I didn't want to ruin it. Well, Finn was ecstatic to be staying there again. He brought his entire dinosaur collection to show Kaleb. I just wanted to get this night over and done with.

"Here we are" My mom addressed. I looked up at the familiar mansion. I let out a big sigh, this was gonna be a long night. When we got to the front door, my mom and Kylan did the normal kiss and greet, and then we walked inside.

"So I've organised for you two to have your own rooms, to make your stay more comfortable" Kylan smiled. He walked us upstairs, along the hallway and stopped in front of a door. "This will be yours Finn" he said as he opened the door. Inside was a dinosaur themed room with toys in every corner.

"This is all mine?" Finn asked Kylan shocked. Kylan nodded at him and gestured for him to go and check it out. He screamed in excitement and ran to jump on the bed.

"And yours is down the end of the hall, Elliana" Kylan continued. We left Finn to play in his temporary room and we walked down the hall. We finally stopped at the last door down the hall.

"I thought you might appreciate some space from all the boys" he grinned. I smiled up at him, that was really thoughtful. He opened the door and I stepped inside to see a huge room with queen sized bed in the middle. The the room was mostly white with accents of lilac, my favourite colour. It also has a joined bathroom and a small balcony.

"I gave you the one with a balcony because I thought you might like to go outside to get away from everything once and a while" he beamed. I was still in adore with the whole place

"Do you like it-" I cut him off by giving him a big hug. I didn't have words to express how in love I was with this room not to mention also how safe I felt in the room. He created me a safe place.

"Thank you" I mumbled into his chest. I could feel my mom smiling at the both of us. Eventually I pulled apart from him and they left me alone in the room. I put all my stuff on the floor and sprawled myself on the bed. In the week since meeting them the first time, I had some time to think and I came to the conclusion that this was a good thing. They are a nice family and I don't need to put my walls up around them. They are really important to my mom so they are important to me. So this time I'm not gonna be closed off. I want to get to know them. As if by coincidence, someone knock on the door, making me sit up on the bed.

"Are you decent?" The voice called from the other side. I think it might be Kaleb but I'm not sure. "Yeah" I yelled back. He slowly opened the door and stepped inside smiling.

"Why hello again!" He chirped. "Long time no see" he smiled. He sat down on my bed beside me looking around the room. "Dad did a good job with the place"