"That's what you think Y/n. I can't visit with Rya today. Let's do tomorrow."

"Fine." You hung the phone up quickly before you carried on with anymore words to him. It's like you two can never talk without bringing up that painful time. You wish it would just be forgotten already but the both of you are still holding onto your differences.

You slid your hands onto your face and began to silently cry into your hands as you thought about where your relationship has ended up. This isn't anywhere near what you wanted to happen.

"What'd he say?" You hadn't noticed Rya was next to you and you jumped slightly at her voice.

Looking down at her you smiled so that she wouldn't see that you were upset and you pushed a curl behind her ear.

"We have to see daddy tomorrow ok?" She nodded and began to walk away. But suddenly she stopped on her way back.

"Mommy...don't cry ok? We will see daddy tomorrow." She smiled at you and turned back around to go into the living room.

She just doesn't know, and you want to keep it that way.

The Next Day

"Come on sweetie." You smiled at Rya as you grabbed your bag and a little purse she likes to carry.

Even though you and Henry have trouble at times seeing eye to eye, the previous day you later on agreed to take the same car, so Henry is picking the two of you up to take Rya to the park.

You walked outside to see Henry sitting in his truck with the windows down.

"Daddy!" Rya shouted and ran to the truck.

"Heyy sweetie!" He hopped out of the truck and ran around it to pick her up. He threw her in the air and then held her in his arm as he kissed her cheeks all over.

"Hey Y/n." He smiled at you and you smiled back as Rya watched you.

"Daddy, mommy cried." She grabbed your cheek with her small hand as you cleared your throat before softly removing her hand. Henry looked at you for more explanation, but you didn't want to tell him.

"It was mommy's allergies sweetie." You smiled. "Come on let's go!" You said excitedly. While you were in Henry's truck you saw him through the mirror looking at you from behind the truck. You hopped he would just forget about it.

After a few seconds Henry was buckling Rya in her seat and getting into the truck himself.

"Everyone ready?" He asked looking at Rya through the rearview.

"Yeahh!" She shouted.

...

After pushing Rya on the swings for a while, you let her run free on the small playground and went to sit next to Henry on the bench.

"Look about yes-" He started.

"Don't. You don't have to. We're never gonna agree about that." You looked down at the ground beneath your feet and he nodded slowly.

"I just want to understand...why we can't get along anymore." He said lowly. You looked out at the playground and felt your heart beat a little faster. You didn't want to have a conversation that would ruin the day so you thought about going to play with Rya.

"I don't know Henry." You removed yourself from the bench, but Henry reached out and quickly grabbed your wrist, stopping you from going any further. Your breath hitched and your lips slightly parted. You haven't felt his hands on you since you seperated some years ago.

"I want to talk to you. Please. No arguing." You looked back at him as he looked at you with pleading eyes. A look that you haven't seen in three years. You slowly sat back down and ran your hands over your knees.

"You were moving too fast..." You reflected back on that time.

"Everything was fine and I felt like you weren't including me in all those decisions you were trying to make." You looked at him again and his eyes were still on you, and he was listening.

It made you emotional because if he had only done this four years ago, you probably would not have seperated.

He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said before a moment of silence.

"I thought I was, but I guess I wasn't. I thought Rya would like the new environment and I thought you wanted something better." He shook his head before watching the playground where Rya was at.

"If you had of just talked to me about it more Henry then you would have known that all I wanted was right in that house with you and Rya. I couldn't have cared less about anything else." He looked at you again and nodded before looking back down.

He must be ashamed you thought. He can't look at you for more than a couple minutes without breaking eye contact and looking away.

"You're right. I don't know, I guess I was being quite selfish. I'm sorry." You nodded slowly and exhaled. It brought you relief that he finally knew how you felt about everything.

"Can I ask...Why were you crying?" It seems he didn't forget. You really wish he had of.

"It was nothing. We don't have to talk about it." He sighed and looked away from you. You wanted to tell him but you didn't want to remember that moment so you shoved it down.

"Come on. We can eat dinner at my house." You told him before going to get Rya.

*****
Thanks for reading!