I smile. "It's not you're fault." I reassure her and kiss her neck.

She leans against me. "I didn't expect mom to be ok with it." Her voice cracks.

Is she crying? I can't see her face so I turn her head to me only to find tears flowing down her slightly rosy cheeks. "It just makes me realize I could have told them a long time ago. Then we wouldn't have broke up and you wouldn't have missed three years of our daughter's life." She wipes her tears.

"It's ok, you didn't know." I hug her tighter and rest my chin on her shoulder. "I shouldn't have broken up with you anyway."

She sighs and sniffles. "I just wish I could go back in time and tell them earlier or at least call and tell you that you have a daughter."

I hum in thought. "I don't even know how I would have handled a phone call like that, I'd probably have a heart attack on the spot."

"I doubt that because you didn't have one when you found out in the lobby."

I scoff. "I was close."

"Your reac-" She stops due to Ari walking our way while rubbing her eyes.

"It's not bed time, Mommy." She points at a window where the daylight is seeping in through the curtains.

Aurora scoots off my lap and picks Ari up.

"I know but you were a sleep and I didn't want to wake you."

"Oh. Were you cwying?" She frowns and touches Aurora's cheek that's still a little damp. Ari looks at me and glares before Aurora can reply. "Did you make my mommy cwy?" She lays her head on Aurora still glaring at me.

I chuckle and put my hands up. "No, lo juro." ("No, I swear.")

Aurora laughs. "She didn't, I promise. I'm just being a crybaby today." She kisses the top of her head.

Ari's face softens at that and she leans back to look at Aurora. "We can watch your movie today, to make you feel better."

Aurora smiles at her and uses her hand to smooth her bed hair down. "You're so sweet but we don't have to watch that."

"I want to, to make you happy." She smiles.

Monday August 30th

I see Malala coming my way as I sit on a bench waiting for her. I stand up. Maybe it'll be nice to have someone to walk with.

"Hi." I greet her when she approaches.

"Good morning." I start walking, with her beside me as she starts talking. "So are you and Aurora a thing because I watched you're interview but that kid is definitely yours."

I chuckle. "How can you tell?" I ask even though I know that.

She smiles and shake her head as she looks forward. "Other than her calling you Mamá, she looks just like you. I don't think Rachel bought that lie of yours, or anybody for that matter."

I hum. "You're probably right." If Elena's dumbass didn't buy it then nobody did.

"So where are you from? I've never heard an accent like yours." I ask trying redirect the topic before she asks why I lied, I don't feel like explaining. Not really her business anyway.

"Lebanon."

"Oh what was that like?" I ask genuinely curious.

"It was ok."

"Just ok."

"They could use some catching up on women's rights."

I hum.