Chapter 24

Sunday August 29th

"What are you making?" Aurora hugs me from behind peeking over my shoulder as I crack an egg.

"Omelet-" The sound of something hitting the ground makes me stop and look.

"¡Puta madre!" Ari says looking at her tablet on the ground.

I laugh but Aurora doesn't look amused in the slightest.

"Don't say that please." Aurora picks up her tablet. It's fine because it has a case.

Aurora knows most Spanish curse words and it seems Ari is learning to. I'm proud of her.

Ari's green eyes shoot up to her. "But my tabwit fell and Mamá says it." She takes the tablet from Aurora.

She isn't lying. At least she used it in the right context. I don't care if she curses unlike Aurora, I think it's funny and at the end of the day they're just words.

"She should stop." Aurora glares at me.

"Nunca." I grin.

"That better have been yes ma'am in Spanish."

"No, mommy it means never."

"Muy bien Mija." I say proudly.

She smiles.

"How is it that she knows more Spanish than you and you've been around me longer?" I tease as I start mixing the ingredients in the bowl.

Aurora doesn't reply. I turn my head to see her walking away to the living room. I finish up the food while Ari sits beside me on her tablet.

When I get done I set the breakfast out for everyone and put Ari in her chair. Aurora's on her phone so I wait for her to get done unlike Ari who's already started digging in.

"Who was that?" I ask as she sits down in front of me.

"A new tenant I have to meet in the lobby at one."

"Do you still not ask for their names?" I smirk.

She shrugs. "There's no need now. I learn it when I meet them. Do you want to go?" She starts cutting her omelette.

"Sure." I don't have anything else to do.

"After we can go to my parents. Elena will be there by three. So we'll be a bit early."

"Do you know when you're going to tell them?"

She shakes her head. "I don't know, I don't want think about it right now." It's understandable that she'd dread telling them.

When I finish eating I take a shower.

I put my bra and underwear on and look in the body mirror. I've been thinking about getting a belly button piercing, I wouldn't be the first model to have one. I wear clothes that show my stomach a lot. If I do it won't be this year because in a few months it'll be getting cold with fall around the corner.

I enjoy fall but Winter is my favorite season. Something about it just makes me happy, especially Christmas. I've never experienced Christmas until I came to America, Aurora would let me spend Christmas with her and her family.

She has a big ass family so it was always crowded and it was only her dad's family that came because Brinda's family doesn't like Michael, and I don't blame them. I was spending Christmas with Shane's family before that.

I put on a tight white crop top shirt and skinny jeans with white high top Converse. I leave my hair down today.

Aurora takes a shower after me. She already has Ari dressed in a black romper with sunflowers on it. The top part is a cami, while the bottom part is shorts.