Chapter Ten

" sai!" vikram waves his hand towards her to gain her attention when he sees her moving in another corner of the palace. sai tenses up hearing his voice but quickly ducks her head down and speeds up her pace. vikram stares as his brow furrowed and then rushes towards her and catches up to her speed. sai's body further tenses up as vikram comes in front of her.
" what has happened to you?" vikram asks her.
" nothing" sai answers him trying to look as normal as possible.
" then why did you not answer to any of my calls?" vikram demands.
sai pretends to be innocent, " you called me?when? i did not hear"
To her relief, vikram believes her lies and nods.
" You have something to say?" Sai asks him," I have to check on swadheenta ji"
" Actually I wanted to ask you.....that can we hang out for sometime?" Vikram asks her. Sai blinks in suprise at his words.
" As friends you know" vikram clarified to her and awaits her answer.
" I'm not free for today" Sai tells him and sees his disappointed face which did not sit well with her.
" But we can hang out tomorrow" the words slipped out of her mouth before she could stop herself.
" Oh sure! That would be okay" vikram says to her smilingly and bides her a goodbye before he left for his office.
Sai simply walks towards swadheenta's room in half confusion and half cursing herself for agreeing to hang out with him. She was going to refuse firmly but then he had to make that disappointed face and then everything went downhill. What was happening to her? Had she grown soft towards him but how? She had stayed far away from him, tried not to mingle with him like she did to every male species whom she came across. Then How did this happen? Sai pounders as she walks absent minded towards swadheenta's room.

Swadheenta was slightly surprised when sai had walked inside her room and did not respond to her greeting. She realises after a while that sai was lost in her own musings.
" Sai!" Swadheenta calls in her high pitched voice.
" Ah.." sai hummes out as she breaks out of her thoughts and looks at swadheenta. She realises that she had walked inside in the room lost in her own thoughts.
" I just was thinking about my studies!" Sai covers herself before swadheenta questions about her absent mindeness.
" It's fine" swadheenta says to her.
" How was the workshop yesterday?!" Swadheenta asks her casually, sai pauses for a moment.
" It was a good one. Thank you swadheenta ji" Sai thanks her and continues monitoring swadheenta's condition.
" You're health is improving too!" Sai informs, " you will be totally fit in one week and will not require me anymore"
" But sai I hope that you atleast till the end of this month" swadheenta insists, " just in case of anything goes wrong"
Sai nods agreeing with her not arguing much. Swadheenta looks on more suprised that sai did not argue with her and simply agreed and left.

Sai locks herself in the room as soon as left the main palace. She got herself immersed in reading her books trying very hard to banish all the thoughts of morning interaction with vikram. But it proved to be futile and she had finally given up. Not understanding how to get herself out of the situation, she googled out her situation.
She studied various sites research where people had given stupid reasons that she is being smitten and having crush if a person's thoughts are not leaving her behind easily. Anyway she ignored everything and only focused on the ways to make herself normal. She strikes out the first method of trying to concentrate on something which was obviously not working out, she moved to the next way were they said that she should keep distance from the person who was affecting her thoughts for somedays.
" This can happen! I will avoid vikram for few days" sai says to herself and suddenly realises that she had promised to go with him out tomorrow. So much for avoiding him.
" Koi baat nahi sai! It's just one day then you can avoid him" Sai consoled herself.
Satisfied that few days of ignorance will make everything right within her, sai closes her laptop and breathes in relief. Her lunch had come at the extact time, she faceplams herself for wasting the whole morning researching stupid topics and proceedes to have her lunch.

There was a very different sceneroi happening in the Shergill industries as
Aadarsh nudged his brother slightly the third time, so that he comes back from whichever thoughts he was lost and concentrate on the meeting happening. His brother looked apologetic when he jolt back to reality and tries hard to concentrate. Thankfully the meeting got over, vikram breathes out in relief as everyone except his brother leaves the conference room.
" I'm sorry bhai" Vikram says, " I was thinking about something very important"
Off course vikram did not reveal that something important was sai. He was happily thinking of their outing tomorrow and could not concentrate on anything.
" I assure you, it will not happen again!" Vikram says to his brother further.
" Ok! Not a big deal it happens" Aadarsh tells him slightly in a teasing tone, " This are signs of love you know"
Vikram shot an annoyed glance to his brother and storms out of the conference room. Aadarsh shakes his head chuckling at his brother's annoyance. He knows he is going overboard teasing his brother but come on vikram had not left a chance to embarrass him when he was dating swadheenta. So it would be only right he would return back the favour with interest.