chapter one

The silence at the dining room table during the breakfast did not sit well with the members of the Shergill family. Though this silence was very welcoming before sai had stepped inside the palace but now it felt so unwelcoming and unwanted. The said daughter in law was eating her food silently lost in her own thoughts and vikram sat near his wife trying to comfort her however he can. The family became concerned but still did not want to stress sai and decided to confront vikram about the sudden change in their daughter in law who was happily munching her food and making fun of them yesterday. Swadheeta Shergill, the eldest daughter in law of the family was impatient and could not see her playful sister in law like this. She nudged vikram and looked at her brother in law questionly. Vikram blinked at her indicating her that he will handle everything. Swadheeta frowned and continued having her food.
" sai beta, is everything alright? " Mrinalini Devi asked Sai concerned about her behavior today.
" Ha, dadi sa " sai assured putting up a small smile on her face. Before anyone asks her anymore questions, sai had escaped reasoning that she would be late for work and even though the hospital belonged to her in laws she should not take advantage. Bidding everyone farewell, she left the place. Vikram walked her till the car. The Shergill family decided to wait till vikram comes back in the hall and discussed about the other matters.

The chauvans had settled in the guest house. They marvelled at the beauty of the royal guest house and it's room. The topic of seeing sai had taken a back seat for them.
" That was sai vahini na whom we saw in the entrance of the palace. How come she got married to the prince of this place " karishma's voice was so loud which made everyone to think about the matter. All were confused by the tables turning back on them. Virat sat on the sofa heartbroken. Divorcing sai had not been easy but he had done it ,keeping a stone on his heart. He hoped that this divorce could make her realize his value and in no time she could come running to him and then she could change herself for his family but he had never been so wrong. As soon as they got divorced, sai had disappeared with her usha mausi without leaving any trace. Her village people had zero knowledge about her whereouts and he was left alone. All he did in this five years was hoping and searching every clue he could get. Today he realized that divorcing sai had been the worst thing he had done. He should have not done that. She was married to someone else and she looked happy before she stumbled upon him and saw his face. His sai was now no more his, she was someone else's.
" woh, Jungle Billi can't leave us in peace. I pity this royal family who has to bear with her rudeness all because she trapped their younger son " kaku spat out. Only sonali, ninand and omi understood how kaku was burning in envy and not able to digest the fact that sai was ruling this palace when they thought she was miserable. Karishma and paakhi were in the same boat but kept quiet. Ashwini was unhappy, she had lost all the hopes of her daughter in law coming back. Only Shivani and mohit were happy for sai. Kaku started talking about sai's character which made virat to storm out of the guest house and Paakhi followed to comfort him. Virat stood out of the guest room trying to breathe and calm himself when he saw her with him. He could not stop himself from moving closer, he stood in a distance where they could not see him but he could very well hear them and see them.

" I have troubled everyone today, I'm sorry " Sai apologized to her husband.
Vikram shrugged " Sai, it's okay. They will be alright. They are just worried about you. Your silence is like a curse to them. Now go to the hospital and have a great day doctor. Don't stress yourself ". Sai nods at him with a genuine smile on her face. Sai pecked on his cheek before he opens her the back door of the car for her and she leaves. Vikram walks inside the house preparing himself for the drama which is going to happen inside.

Virat stood rooted in his place, pain breaking his heart. He was devasted with what he had witnessed. No There was not any love confession happening but he had saw the way sai looked at that man and he knew he had lost her forever. Her heart was someone else's now. She was someone else's now.
" Virat " Paakhi's voice distracted him and he looked at her. She was one of the reasons he lost sai. He had been a coward, he should firmly stated to sai that he loves her and not paakhi and thrown paakhi out of his life but what did he do? He left his wife to deal with his family's taunts alone and tried to hold on to paakhi's friendship even though he could sense her intentions. Sai had just left him calling him a two timer.
" Virat, what are you doing here?" paakhi flinched at the look virat gave her and went back to the guest house. She followed him, hurt with his behavior.

As soon as vikram entered the hall, his family stopped their talks and looked at him questionsly. There was no use of diverting the topic and lying to them.
He took a deep breath, " The new officer who has come from Maharashtra is sai's ex husband, IPS virat chauvan "
The family was stunned by the revelation and was too shocked to even utter a word.