Dreams and Defeats

She'd done it. Lila Rossi had done it. Her goal had finally been achieved, what she had been dreaming of for a year.

She'd defeated Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Their unconscious bodies lay on the floor of the Eiffel Tower in front of her. Helpless, and at her mercy.

After a long hard battle against her as Volpina, she knocked them against the top of the Eiffel Tower, knocking them out cold. They'd be out for a while. She dragged their unconscious forms to a more secluded section of the tower, away from news cameras and nearby onlookers.

Wasn't it ironic? The very place they defeated her twice, was their place of defeat too.

"Incredible Volpina! I knew you were the perfect villain! Now take their miraculous and bring them to me! The earrings and the ring!"

Shadowmoth's voice boomed in her mind. He must feel pretty good right now, his mission achieved. All she had to do was give the miraculous to him and he won! This was his victory!

"And why would I do that Shadowmoth?"

Only it wasn't going to be his victory. It was going to be hers. She didn't know what he wanted them for, but it was powerful. And she wanted that power more than anything.

He faltered, clearly in shock. He wasn't expecting this. Volpina was betraying him? His most trusted ally?

"What?!!? Stop this nonsense Volpina! Bring me their miraculous or I will strip you of your powers!"

"So? Is that supposed to scare me? I've already won! They're powerless against me, they're at my mercy. Besides, I don't need your powers to take off some flimsy jewellery.

"Volpina! Don't you dare-"
His voice cut off as she snapped her foxtail necklace watching the black butterfly flutter away, turning back to white, as her magical fox attire disappeared.

'I don't need his powers, I've won! The Miraculous is mine! And I'll use the miraculous to do ........... whatever it is he needed them for!'

She stepped towards Ladybug and Chat Noir's unconscious forms, kneeling beside them. 'Now let's see who you truly are!"

She unclasped Ladybug's earrings first, wanting to know who that annoying goody-two-shoes was. She squinted at the harsh pink and red flash, before staring at who laid in front of her.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Lila's eyes widened, before thinking it over. It made sense. Why Marinette was the only person who didn't believe her, why Ladybug called her out so harshly. They were the same person.

The flash faded and shrunk, turning into a small, ladybug-like creature. It glanced around in confusion, before flying up to Marinette, checking her for injuries, in distress.

"Marinette! No, please wake up, please!!"

Lila laughed at the creature, amused by its pitiful pleading.

"Sorry, but your little whines aren't going to wake her up," she sneered.

"And they're not going to wake him up
either!," she crowed, pulling the ring off Chat Noir's finger.

The green and black light faded away revealing Chat Noir to be...

Adrien Agreste?!?!??!!

Lila was in complete and utter shock. How were they the same person?! Adrien is so kind, sweet and gullible, and Chat Noir is flirty, brash, and rebellious! How could they possibly be the same person?!?

A small cat, similar to the ladybug creature, began hovering around Adrien worriedly.

"Ahh! Oh no, kid, c'mon you gotta wake up! Kid?"

Lila smirked, slipping the ring on her finger and clasping the earrings, both turning a bright shiny gold.

"Now that I have their jewellery, you will do everything I say! You're a part of their powers."

The creatures squeaked in fear, holding each other close. They knew what this girl was like, they'd seen it first hand through their holders.

"First, why did Shadowmoth want the jewellery?"
"...."
"Answer me!"

They flinched in fear, before shakily replying.

"Using both the miraculous together allows the holder to wish for anything they desire," The small red one whimpered.

"I can wish for anything I want?" she murmured in awe, anything in the world?! She could finally have the life she wanted, the life she deserved! A life of red carpets, designer clothes, expensive meals, famous people, and fancy galas, this was her chance!

But what if she could have more? Perhaps .......... a miraculous?

"But the wish always has consequences. You'll never get what you truly want." The ladybug annoyingly explained.

"Oh shut up! I don't care about that, it won't happen! My wish will make my life perfect, it's what I've always wanted, and your pitiful whining won't change anything!"
"And what are you gonna wish for?"

"To have the life of a miraculous holder! I'll be adored by the public, I'll have my brainless classmates hanging onto my every word, it'll be perfect!"

"So you're going to wish to have Marinette's life?"
"Ugh of course not, who'd want that stupid goody-two-shoes' life? Slaving away all my free time in a bakery? No, I want Adrien's life!" Lila crowed in glee.

This plan was perfect. If she had Adrien's life, she'd be the most adored girl in Paris, with millions of fans dying to meet her, boys competing to date her. Even if Adrien wouldn't be amazingly rich anymore, how could he turn her down?

And when she got the cat miraculous, she could take down that stupid bug again! She knew who they were now! She could team up with Shadowmoth again, and defeat Ladybug as Chat Noir! Yes, this is the most perfect wish!!

"Is that really what you want?"
"Yes!! Yes, it is!!"
"What! Plagg we can't-"
"We don't have a choice Tikki," the cat replied sadly, turning back to Lila.

"Then just make your wish"

Lila cried out in elation, before composing herself and taking a deep breath.

"I wish to have the life of Adrien Agreste!" She yelled, the earrings and ring beginning to glow. The cat and ladybug disappeared into the jewellery, as a bright white light filled Lila's vision.

She closed her eyes, awaiting her new life, her new reality.