Chapter 1 - A dark figure

Chapter 1..

A loud ringing filled my ears making me jump out of my skin. I turned around angrily flinging my arm around to knock my alarm clock off. "Ugh!!" I groaned tossing it across my room, satisfied at the sound of it smashing into tiny pieces as it hit the wall. The annoying rining had been silenced. That was propbably the 23rd alarm clock I had destroyed so far. I lay back down in my comfy bed and snuggled under the warm covers. If the sun wasn't up yet then I sure as hell didn't want to be either. I snuggled back under my warm, cozy duvet, only to be disrupted by my mum yelling.

"Rebecca Alexandria Summers, get your butt out of bed downstairs right now, or you're going to be late for school!"

My mum is a lovely person, kind, caring, she's is always there for us if we need anything. As long as you didn't get on the wrong side of her, she's strict but fair . Not wanting to see my mum in scary mum mode I reluctantly forced myself to get up, shoving my feet into my slippers and dragging myself downstairs looking like a sleep deprived zombie. My hair was sticking out at every angle, dark circles under my eyes and to top it all off morning breath. Not exactly the best look to be sporting on your first day in a new school. Reaching the dining room table I was about to sit down only to have my little sister pounce on me out of nowhere like some type of ninja monkey.

"Mooooooooooorning, rise and shine! Today's is gonna be a wonderful day, the sun has a smile on its face ...."

"What the hell? Jess cut it out! I snapped at her, cutting her off mid sentence. I hate that tune.

"Rebecca, be nice to your sister " my mum said using her warning voice.

I looked over at my sister, who was now giving me her puppy dog eyes, sighing I ruffled her hair and grinned at her. As annoying as she was I loved my little sister to bits and would do anything for her and anything to protect her. She was upset when she heard we were moving to United States of America, she cried for days and hated the thought of leaving her friends and family. She was more like my mother and older brother compassionate, caring and with a good heart. People said I took after my dad more than the others, never showing too much emotion although deep down we both cared, more than anyone would know. In my opinion emotion is a humans biggest weakness, don't let them se you're scare and don't show them that you care. They will only use it against you and try and break you.

I got into way more trouble than both my siblings combined. It like trouble was attracted to me, or I attracted it, like a magnet. Smiling at my sister I gave her a resassuring pat on the shoulder, I couldn't blame her, it was hard on her having to leave all her friends and start a new school in a totally country. It was hard on us all, especially the firing in part as our accents didn't actually help.

I moved to Connecticut in the USA with my Mum, Dad, little sister and older brother Jake during the summer holidays. I was seventeen and Jess had just turned thirteen in the beginning of July before we moved. Of course I missed my old friends so much, we stilled stayed in touch but I doubted it would last, like anything these days.

Our new house was huge, we lived on the nicer part of town as mum put it. We even had a swimming pool in the garden with more than plenty of garden left over which streched out for about four more acres, and a patio perfect for barbecues. This was exciting for me, our old house was much smaller but more modest and cozier too, it felt more lived in. Our new house had 6 bedrooms a large kitchen, separate dining room, games room, two living rooms, my dads study and a huge conservatory. In other words it felt like a large empty defunct space, cold and quiet. However my fathers new job opportunity was a once in a lifetime chance, too good to pass up.... apparently. He and mum never really talked about his new job and what it entitled. My older brother seemed to know something though, I was in the dark, something I didn't take well. It wasn't my concern apparently, it was contract related work, or some legal Munro jumbo. I'd find out eventually though.