58. World War Three

Start from the beginning

So unexpected, I thought I was just beginning to loosen him up. But he stepped back, examined the damage he had just done through my school shirt, and wiped his mouth with the back of the hand that held the blade. 

I held onto my left arm, the bleeding wasn't collateral, but it hurt more than I would like to admit, partially because he cut right over the healing scar that the Russians created.

'Now you know I'm not joking, how about you get on your knees.' He raised his chin high, as he began moving back and forth, full of anticipation. When I didn't move, he pointed to the floor in front of him as if I didn't already know what he meant.

'No.' I said confidently, still holding onto my arm. He approached, visibly shaking with premature fury, he held onto my chin and bought the knife close to my face, near my cheek where another scar was slightly detectable.

'I see you've already pissed somebody else off.' He not so gently, pushed the tip of the knife, into the scar. I closed my eyes as I felt him pierce through skin, I sighed when I felt the familiar warm sensation of fresh blood spill down my cheek. Before removing the knife, he slashed across my cheek, and spun laughing.

My eyes were full of unmaterialised tears. I wouldn't allow them to develop, not here. He wasn't looking at me, I had my chance to escape. I could use that punch I did on Xavier, my signature punch that could knock him out swiftly, but I would need to ready myself, and maintain a strong standing. When feeling so weak, I was so unsure that I could even make a mark on him.

I was running out of options, the minute he turned back around, I would be under a constant scrutiny, where I would find it impossible to escape from. I needed to be tactical, but quick, really quick.

I was far from ready for what I decided to do. I dropped myself down to the floor, I caught his attention. 

'Look who's decided to be a good girl.' He taunted, I looked down and only saw his shoes. Further up, his legs, then waist, then his folded arms. The knife wasn't easily accessible in this position, I had time to evaluate a plan, I just needed to carry it out, and get the hell out of here.

Rapidly, I lifted myself from the floor before he had the time to react. Just like last time he trapped me in a bathroom, I bought my knee up to his groin as I held onto his shoulders. Using the last of the force I had in me, I struck him across the side of his face, just as he was going down. Like the bitch he was, he cried out in pain, and tried to grasp onto me leg.

I gasped as I looked to the side in the mirror, my face was bloody, the left side of my white shirt was soaked through. I needed to get help, I needed to get out of here. Liam was still on the floor, barely conscious. 

I stepped over his arm, stumbling from the shock of everything. The lock was right in front of me, the bell hadn't sounded, meaning that students wouldn't be flooding the halls, It also meant that I could make it out here without anyone seeing me. Still, from the floor I heard groans of pain and dread. He had the knife on him, but that wasn't my biggest fear right now.

Without another time wasting thought, I heard the seraphic sound of the lock clicking. Just push down the handle, Alessa. My subconscious mind was driving me to do what I did, I pushed down the handle, and stepped out.

The door automatically shut behind me, I held onto the handle for a few seconds, just to be sure that he wouldn't make a return. Then, I ran.

My breath was unsteady, and I felt as though I was hyperventilating. Still, I couldn't find the courage to stop moving my legs at full speed. Every second, I told myself that he was behind me, he was chasing me, it motivated me to move faster. I knew he wasn't, but he could have been, he is always everywhere.