58. World War Three

Start from the beginning

He wasted no time, taking advantage of the fact that I was disadvantaged on the floor. Using the same hand as he used to hit Isabella, he fisted my hair, and lifted me up slightly, not enough for me to be able to rely on my own two feet. He was supporting my entire body weight with the clump of hair he held so casually in his sweaty hand.

'You ruined my fucking life.' He roared, emphasising the last two words. I creased my eyebrows as I gripped onto the hand that was holding my hair, trying to free myself. He wasn't pleased with this, so he just bought his menacing face closer to mine. 'My father is bankrupt, because of your brothers. I warned you last time, you have to face the consequences.'

There it was. Something I never thought I would have to hear again. Me facing the consequences.

I knew that his father was the principle of the school, I'm assuming that the threat Liam came to me with the last time didn't get carried out, I also assume that my family sued his father for everything he had, therefore, leaving him bankrupt as Liam said previously.

'I recall, the last time that you came to me with your empty threat, I told you that I wasn't interested in getting involved in their business. What went on between your father and my brothers isn't any of our business, so why don't you take your hands of me, and deal with this the proper way.' I got pissed, and caught him off guard, squeezing his hand until he released. I stumbled back, and straightened out my hair. 'Just because I have a stronger family, doesn't make me the weaker link.' 

'You would think that, wouldn't you sunshine. Today is a new fucking day, and I plan to do to you, what I intended to do in the beginning.' He neared closer at every new word, I was forced to listen, there was no way I could interrupt him. I felt feeble, as I stepped back, every time he took a step forward. Then I hit a wall, and I could practically feel his smirk against my turned cheek. 'Even if that means, I have to use my pretty little friend.' The side where my face was turned, I saw him holding a blade. That was what was poking my back earlier.

'You have no idea what you're doing. Especially using that weapon, just by the way you're holding it, I can tell that you have used nothing other than a butter knife to garnish your toast in the morning.' I hissed in his face. I saw his eyes darkening, and realising that he had the precedence in this situation, I angrily told myself that I should have just kept my mouth shut.

Now look what you've done. My subconscious mind told me.

'I think you're forgetting who has the power here. What weapon do you have hmm, a hairbrush?' He mocked, the smirk returning back to his face. Actually yes, I do have a hairbrush, and I would love to shove it up the area that has never seen sunlight.

'What do you even want with me Liam, your father is already in a bad place, and you wouldn't be doing him a favour if he also had to deal with what you are planning to do with me. Considering that my brothers put your father in the position that he is in now, I'm guessing they won't be so nice.' I tried my best to save him, and myself, but my tenderness seemed to annoy him more.

'You don't get to speak about my father, when yours is dead.' He yelled, loosing his patience. 'Don't you see Alessa, he can't be proud of you or your brothers. You're all doing this for nothing, and putting another man through misery certainly won't be honouring him.' He spat in my face, with disgust and rage. 

If I hadn't know about my fathers existence before, this would have riled me. But now, knowing that I can keep a calm demeanour, and allow him to release his frustration, was exactly what I needed to stop me from attacking him. His breathing was heavy, and he couldn't even look at me anymore. 

'You're going to wish you were never born.' He slowly bought his eyes up to mine, and whispered this in my ear. Not long after, he left a soft kiss on my lobe; then he sliced my arm with the knife.