58. World War Three

Start from the beginning

Verbal aggression had already aroused, but when Izzy stepped in between both boys, Angelo stepped back with a smirk. Then Liam came, world war three broke out when Liam arrived. He hit her. He hit her, then laughed to his friends about it.

My eyes went wide as Julian was held back by one of Liam's minions. I saw red and only that colour of blood. He had some nerve, was he high, or drunk, because that behaviour couldn't have come from nothing.

I was about to strike, I had already taken two steps forward. Someone's arm was quick enough to hold me back. Who the hell was stopping me from ending this boy's life.

'Take it easy, Alessa.' By the soothing Italian voice, I knew who it was. Dammit, I just needed a few seconds head start.

'You're telling me to take it easy? Isabella just got whacked by some dick who can't seem to handle something healthy. Let me go, and I'll consider letting him live.' I struggled through gritted teeth, I looked up to his unsure eyes and clenched sharp jaw, he was asking me to confirm my words. 'I said I would consider it.' I huffed.

'Sit over there, and calm down now. I'll handle this.' He pointed to an empty table near the corner of the room, and urged me on. Angelo was beating one of Liam's minions to a pulp, and Leo was on the verge of getting physical with another one of his minions. However, the man of the hour was nowhere to be seen, how did he get the time to escape after hitting Izzy.

I stood helplessly by the side of the table, and watched as Milan replaced Leo, who then took an infuriated Izzy to the side, to help control her bloody lip. Milan was taller than the boy Leo was once handling, and clearly so.

Goodness, if I felt as overwhelmed and useless as this all the time, my stress response would fly into an overload. My fogged mind didn't even register all of the other helpless souls sitting in this canteen, trying to sit through a peaceful lunchbreak. 

I needed air. I knew Izzy was ok, I knew that Angelo and Milan were taking care of the boys that carried harm to my friend, I only didn't know where Liam was, but that was ok, he was the last person I could care to think about right now, I wouldn't even be seeing him... or so I thought.

I stumbled into the corridor, and held onto a locker near the ladies room. I made progress with slowing my breathing, I only wished I had looked behind me.

Something poked into my back, at first I thought it would be the classic side effects that naturally came with sharp, heavy breathing. But I soon realised my assumption was wrong, that was when a sweaty hand covered my mouth. Removing any good chance I had of catching my breath.

The hand muffled my screams, and in a corridor of empty classrooms, drying out my throat wouldn't have been much help.

I was dragged backwards, my mouth was still covered, but I no longer felt something sharp, poking my back. My head began paining as I strained through silence, another time of feeling so hopeless.

I was too cautious to even think about self defence in this moment, who would I be dealing with, what did he look like, and how do I use strength or tactics against him? By the way he has no trouble when dragging me through the corridors, I assume his strength is not a problem for himself. How could I get him to release me? What was he planning? The current affair preoccupied me slightly.

I was thrown suddenly, into a room, the bathroom more specifically. My hands hit the tiled floor at the same time my knees did, it made a terrible smacking sound. I coughed as I finally found air, and removed the hair stuck to my wet face. 

I turned, still sat on the floor, to see the back of someone so familiar. He was locking the bathroom door, all the cubicles were empty, It was no use. Then he turned, I wasn't even surprised to see Liam's odious, unvanquished face.