I've controlled myself all my life to never let anyone see my tears. I've failed a few times, but that won't stop me from trying again.

A few tears slip down and I quickly wipe them away.

"Just because you're allowed to use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!" I hear Mrs Weasley yell, getting a small chuckle out of me.

But that's it.

I pick up a pillow and hold it tightly, crossing my legs on my bed and running through everything in my head.

"Hey" dad calls as he opens my door.

I quickly wipe my tears and smile up at him.

"Hi" I say, getting up "How've you been?"

"I've been alright. Missing you, but alright" he says, kissing my forehead "Looking at you, you don't seem alright, however"

"I'm fine" I say.

Dad pauses as he sits on my bed. I sit next to him and hug him.

"Well, I really want to know how the Yule ball went, so tell me everything"

"I didn't go" I say, but dad's eyebrows furrow.

"Why not? I got you such a beautiful dress and wanted you to enjoy the day"

"The dress was gorgeous, but something happened and I didn't go" I say, sighing heavily "One of the biggest regrets of my life, so far"

Dad looks at me, concerned, but doesn't press on it.

"We're all going to eat"

"I'm not hungry, thank you" I say.

"Are you sure?" dad asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure"

"You know those twins, one of them, George, told me he's rarely seen you eat, so I'm getting worried"

"I eat, dad. Just not in front of other people" I say, pecking his cheek for caring.

"Speaking of, when will I get to meet this boyfriend of yours?" dad asks, smiling at me, and it's genuine.

"I'll call him. I'm sure he's here" I say, getting up.

Dad nods his head, and I run downstairs, finding Fred in the kitchen. I grab his arm and pull him to my room.

"Dad, Fred. Fred, my father, Sirius" I say.

"He told me he didn't know you" dad says, making me slowly turn to Fred.

"He said what?!"

"Love, before you get mad, I have a very simple explanation for that. I didn't want to meet him without you"

"Or you're a wuss!" I yell, slapping his chest "You're terrified of him because everyone thinks he's a murderous lunatic, so you pretend you don't know me. Wow, Fred. Some boyfriend"

"You're right, I'm afraid of him, but can you blame me? He broke Ron's leg. He almost murdered Scabbers"

"And that dirty rat almost killed me last year, so I think my dad was justified!" I say, but sigh, hitting the door frame in anger, realising what I just said.

"He did what?! That mangey rodent tried to kill you?!" dad asks, getting up.

"I've been through worse" I say.

Fred takes my arm and pulls up my sleeve, showing dad the scar on my wrist.

I quickly pull my arm away, but the deed is done. He saw it. Dad comes to me and pulls up my wrist, yanking my sleeve back to look at the scar.