⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓𝟏

Start from the beginning

"i mean..." she mumbled, letting go of his arm. at the sight of her looking so panicky and baffled, he decided it wasn't fair for him to continue to act like this.

"i know what you mean." his voice turned softer. "i can't be mad at them since i already said i can't be with you... but i thought about it the past few days and now... i can't give up. after everything we've been through, how could i possibly back away from what i want the most? am i selfish for being like this? maybe. but i care about you too much to let you go. i want to be with you and be the one to protect you, even if now isn't the right time, i'll find a way..."

"ji..." she whispered as he reached out, placing a hand on her cheek.

"kim yunhee, i'm going to win your heart."

his hand left her face and he went back inside the tent, leaving her to fall onto her knees, a hand covering her mouth. he did it again, walking away, and even implied he was going to continue messing with her heart, but her legs felt like jelly and the feeling of butterflies in her stomach prevented her from yelling at him further.

she exhaled loudly then got up from the floor, brushing the dirt off her knees. she walked back inside the tent to see that the others were talking normally, so they hadn't heard anything.

"what were you and jisung talking about? you took so long and now they have to leave." chenle whined.

"we were just talking about best friend stuff." yunhee replied, keeping her head down, her hair covering her face so that jisung couldn't see that she was still blushing.

"but i'm your best friend."

"quit whining. i'm allowed to spend quality time with my — i mean yunhee." jisung interrupted, leaning back in his chair.

"you lot need to stay in your lanes." chenle mumbled.

⚯͛

𝟔 𝐟𝐞𝐛 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖

the slytherin trio returned again to check up on their friends hidden in the dean forest and they bought snacks with them. they had been telling their parents that every time they disappeared from the house, they were at each other's houses. they knew the lie would catch up to them soon, but for now, they didn't care. they just wanted to hang out with their friends.

everyone was sat around the table, eating the food the three had bought, except for yunhee who had just come back from using the toilet.

"wow. there's not even any space for me to sit." she said with a hand on her hip.

"you'll have to take the bed because i'm not moving, not even for my favourite person here." donghyuck said.

"i'm your favourite person?" yunhee asked, feeling her heart melt. she loved the idea of being someone's favourite. it was just a wonderful thing.

"obviously." he replied, continuing to eat his sandwich.

"so i guess you're not moving then. i'll sit on the bed." she smiled one more time then sighed.

she was about to walk over to it but felt a hand grab her wrist. it was jisung. he pulled her towards him and she stumbled, coincidentally landing on his lap. he wrapped one arm around her waist, and used the other to hold his food.

"now you've got a seat." he whispered into her ear.

she shivered at the unfamiliar action and touch from her best friend. she had never seen him in such a way, so confident and careless. chenle wasn't lying when he said that once jisung set his eyes on a goal, he'd stop at nothing to get it.