"Yeah, it's no big deal, I have a boyfriend and I'll tell him that you're into someone else. It's not like I like you or you like me." Matthew laughed, "I thought you wanted me to say yes?"

I paused and Amari laughed, "I'm not so sure he did."

Matthew shrugged as he stood up, "whatever. Come to my locker after school if you're up for it or don't. I won't wait long."

Matthew waved us goodbye, "goodbye, darlings."

We all waved back.

I groaned and slid my head on the table. I looked up at Jaz. "I think I'm fucked."

Jaz smiled down at me, "it's okay, hun. Greed's not that bad, I mean –

"No, he is that bad." Amari interjected, "don't encourage him, Jaz."

Jaz glared meaningfully at Amari, "Iniko can like whoever he likes, as long as Greed doesn't hurt him then I'm happy as long as Iniko's happy."

"I don't want to be gay." I said quietly.

"Why?" Amari frowned down at me, "you're not homophobic...so like why?"

"Because then it means that I like him and I don't want to because he's ugh..." I frowned.

I don't want to like Greed because he's going to kill himself and leave me behind. Stupid apparition.

"Yeah, that's right, Niko...Greed is ugh." Amari nodded happily.

"Shut up, dork." Jaz rolled her eyes before patting my arm soothingly. "So, are you going to kiss Matthew?"

"Maybe." I shrugged, "I'm not sure."

I plugged in my earphones and listened to the 1975, wondering if Matty Healy liked someone who he shouldn't have and now everything in his head was fucked because that person wanted to die.

And that person hurts him too, but he likes it, in some fucked up world, he likes it when he grabs him by the throat and he likes the pain but that scares him because he shouldn't like it. Pain should hurt. Pain shouldn't be sensual and now, he's about to kiss another guy because he wants to know for sure that he's not gay...which he isn't.

"Fuck me..." I whispered under my breath.

My hands were shaking when I met Matthew at his locker. He smiled gently at me as he put his books away, "so you decided to do it?"

"Uh...yeah..." I murmured uncomfortably, "but uh don't you think this would be awkward because we're friends?"

Amari and Jaz walked by with small smirks on their faces. They leaned against the lockers across from us, intent on watching.

Matthew shrugged, "you'll be fine, Iniko."

I had kissed a few people in the few years that I had lived on this earth, and Greed, in all my experiences, was a good kisser – in fact he was more than that but it hurt my pride to admit it so I wasn't going to. It was awkward with Matthew. I knew it was going to be as soon as he put a hand on my cheek and leaned in.

This was a dumb idea. This was a dumb idea.

Matthew's lips were soft and slightly chapped and my first initial thought was that he tasted like strawberry Chapstick which I didn't mind. He deepened the kiss and his tongue swiped across my bottom lip for access, which I was reluctant to give.

Matthew tasted like peach ice vape and chocolate, which once again I found myself not minding. But just like Friday night. This kiss felt empty. There wasn't anything nice about it or bad. It lacked feeling. Lacked pain. Lacked everything I liked. But worst of all, it lacked Greed.