chapter two

Second day of being a freshman. I was walking down the hall alone and the principal and some fine ass guy walked past until I heard, "Jayde" I turned around. They walked up to me.

"Can you show this young man around? He's a freshman this year too." The principal said walking off.

"Uh okay"

"I'm Jayde" I said smiling.

"Ezekiel" He said giving me a smirk.

I showed him around and when we were done with our tour I saw my friends.

"Oh! You want to meet my friends?" I said

"Sure. Can I have your number and socials first?" He asked me.

"Sure" I said exchanging my number and socials.

"Follow me" I said walking down the stairs while he walked behind me.

"J!" I yelled down the hall. They all turned around. We walked up to each other. Ezekiel stood next to me.

"This is Ezekiel" I said smiling.

"Sapo, this is Jamal, Monse, Ruby and my brother Cesar."

They all said their hi's. Monse left first, then Ruby, then Cesar and then Jamal. Ezekiel and I had our first hour together. We walked to class and sat in the back together.

Time skip to after school

I was walking with Monse and Jamal. They were talking about Ruby talking to Oscar to try to get Cesar out of the gang. No fucking way.

Suddenly I heard a "HEY!" I looked over and saw Cesar.

We tried to get out of it. We were actually heading to Ruby's to talk to him. Cesar got out of the car and still went with us. We arrived at Ruby's house and he came out.

"I have a boner. My cousin just moved in. Not like my cousin cousin like what's up cuz. You know? Like fam but not fam?" Ruby said making me grossed out.

"Oh like if you can't keep it in your pants, keep it in your family." Cesar said trying to understand him.

"Exactly! No, no, not exactly. There's no blood relation. There is no inbreeding. Oh and call me Ruben." Ruby said considering that's his actual name. I've known him for a long time and never have called him Ruben besides when I first met him.

"RUBY!" Ruby's mom yelled as she walked outside with some girl.

"Guys! This is Olivia! She's staying with us for a little while." Ruby's mom said with her hands on Olivia's shoulders. I don't know how I feel about another girl in the crew. I mean Monse herself is hard to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I love Monse but sometimes she can be a little.. much. Olivia is really pretty but I don't know we'll see how this goes.

Time skip to the next day

I woke up and got ready for school. Today Ruby was coming over to talk to Oscar before school. I decided I'd stay just so that he would be more comfortable. I set my backpack on the front porch and went to the backyard. I saw Cesar and Monse talking in the front of the house. I laughed and finished walking to the back.

"Hey Oscar!" I said smiling.

"Hey JayJay" He said doing some stuff. I looked over at Ruby and Oscar saw me and came out. He looked over and saw Ruby.

"Sup foo" Oscar said nodding his head up and then down. He grabbed three pails and set them down for us to all sit on. Ruby and him stared at each other for a second.

"What's with the glitter?" My brother asked Ruby.

"Late night at the club" Ruby said making me roll my eyes and crossing my leg overtop of the other one. It was going to be a long ass talk.

"You know how hynas be." Ruby said trying to act cool. This kid has never even had a fucking girlfriend what the hell is he talking about.

"I feel you homie. Sometimes my ruca wears the same shit. She be rubbing all up on me, can't get the crap out for days." Oscar said. Um I don't need to hear about this, thanks.

"Smoke?" He offered Ruby.

"Trying to quit" Ruby said.

Time skip to after the conversation

"You know I will take that smoke" Ruby said acting cool. Oscar grabbed one for Ruby, himself and I. He put one in his mouth and lit it. He lit Ruby's and then mine. Ruby started coughing right after he took a puff. Oscar and I looked at each other and I shook my head blowing out smoke.

Ruby and I got up after smoking.

"Love you JayJay" Oscar said going back to what he was doing.

"Love you too Oscar" I said as Ruby and I started walking to school.

At school I saw Monse, Olivia and Cesar talking. I went up to them with Ezekiel following me. Monse started walking away while Olivia looked at Cesar like the love of her life. I sat down at a table and Ezekiel sat next to me.

"Haven't you made any friends yet?" I asked Ezekiel while starting to eat my food.

"Yeah I have but I wanted to eat with you today." He said making me smile.

"Wanna hangout after school?" I asked.

"Yeah" He said.

Time skip to after school

He texted me.

Ezekiel 😈❤️: Should I come over right now?

Me: Yes, that works.

Soon after he made it to the house. The Santos were outside so I went outside and waited until he arrived. I saw his car and he got out of it. I went up to him and we hugged. Now we have to walk past The Santos. I grabbed his hand and held it.

"Hey JayJay, who is this?" One of The Santos asked me.

"A friend"

"Yeah, who is this?" Oscar asked me.

"Oscar, Ezekiel. Ezekiel, Oscar. Oscar is my brother at least my older brother you already know my other brother. Ezekiel is my friend and he just moved to our school." I said as he still held onto my hand.

We went inside and hung out.