Chapter 1: The Duke

Chapter 1: The Duke

Once in a far away land lived a girl named Mia. She was a girl of strength, poise, and beauty. She was the princess of the unknown land of Catotha. The most important thing to the princess was the happiness of her people. This day was the beginning of when she almost lost her crown which is worth generations of royalty. She woke up to the sound of the her father,the King, he told her, "wake up the Duke of the Gnoms is on his way." The thing he didn't tell her was that the duke was going to ask for her hand. The land would be owned by the duke if they married, which is the most unlikely thing to happen because the princesses is 15 years old and that is the oldest in the area or at least for a girl. Also the most pickiest of all the princess.

The Princess gets ready for the welcoming of the Duke of Gnomes and in the instant she walks down the open stairway, none but the least the Duke is sitting outside the door. He knocks on the door in waiting for the princess to come, instead of answering she waits for the butler to get the door because she is to never touch the main door knob. The butler asked the princess, "Is there anyone outside because I thought I heard the Door." She replies," Well if you answer the door and they kill me you would be beheaded but if you don't answer the door and it is a man of importance you may be treated with the least of trust even below the maids who wear my gowns while I go to Balls."The Butler tries not to smile replies, "It would be very funny if we saw them ourselves, probably dancing around in your room waiting for the prince to come and misplace them with you which is unlikely to ever happen because you are so beautiful as they are nothing of beauty and poise."They laugh and the butler goes and gets a different butler to get the door so it wouldn't be put upon himself, the princesses most loyal butler and friend.

The next butler comes and opens the door there almost half asleep the Duke of the Gnoms is sitting in a chair which was given to him by his parents with there own servants to carry him around. He notes that the Princesses is standing behind the butler and is waiting for him to awake the Duke finally is awake and the princess commands the butler to close the door. She says,"Don't let him in until he has his beauty sleep for I would rather talk to a wall than a person asleep. The wall would have more interest than a man who is snoring to the sound of a welcome, drooling with the sight and spit running from his mouth then when he awakens send him home or welcome him in its really fathers fault for inviting a pig who sleeps on castle door steps." With a quiet chuckle she sees that the door closes on the strange Duke of Gnoms. They hear a knock at dusk and one of the servants is at the door. Meanwhile the princess was attending to her super with a empty seat across from her with a big bowl of lamb soup it was almost to the point that it would get a visit from the servants. They haven't eaten the King wouldn't let them eat till the Duke had eaten. The king gave up sent the servants to eat and long behold the Duke is sleeping with is servants carrying him on his chair. They asked the king's servants to direct them to the Dukes room. The servant said to the other,"report this to the king the journey from there land was a long trip and the Duke needs to sleep and to make himself presentable to the princess."

The next morning the Princess wakes to the sound of the Duke of Gnomes and he is waiting for her outside of her room. So far the Duke has made the worst impression to the Princess, so far he had fallen a sleep on the door step (don't even mention the drool), didn't shown up for super, and has rudely awaken the princess from her peaceful sleep. She runs to the royal closet and is being changed by the servants so she would be presentable for the Duke of Gnomes which would be the most reached thing that the princesses has to do for her father. She has an idea and she thinks to her self wait if I don't come outside then he would have to sent someone to come and get me but if I wasn't in then the Duke of Gnomes and his family's servants would leave.

//////////// Thx for reading my story I'll try to keep undating it. This is my first story so plz give me some grace. Once again thx for reading my story and don't stop reading plz. If you can I would love some feed back /////////////