Blindfolds, Swings, and Stars

I sit at the kitchen table and drink my orange juice while scrolling through my Twitter feed. Then someone bursts through the room.

"Lexie-Wexie!" Shawn laughs while coming and hugging me from behind.

"Gosh," I breathe out. "You scared me half to death."

"Sorry," he smirks, "but it had to be done."

"'It had to be done'," I jokingly mock him. "It's okay. So what are you up to today?"

"I was thinking that we could go out," Shawn suggests.

"Sounds good," I smile. "Where to?"

"Okay, it's a really good thing you said yes because I already had everything planned out," he chuckles. "But it's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see."

"Alright," I giggle. "What should I wear? Do I need to dress up or dress casual?"

"Just wear something cute but casual," Shawn explains.

"Okay," I thank him before quickly giving him a kiss on the cheek and running upstairs.

I rummage through my closet trying to find something suitable for Shawn and I's date. After a few minutes I stumble across a cute black sun dress with white daisies all over it. It's also tight around the waist and then flowy down from there.

Then I go into the bathroom and curl my hair and put on some light makeup, consisting of eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.

When I finish, I slide on my white toms and go downstairs.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Nash asks me before I step into the kitchen.

"I'm dressed up?" I gasp while looking down at myself. "Am I too dressed up? I'm suppose to look cute but casual. Am I over the top?"

"No, you look fine," he chuckles. "I meant you just look really pretty today. What's the occasion?"

"Oh," I laugh. "You scared me for a minute. But Shawn's taking me on a date."

"Aw," Nash smiles. "That's cute. Where to?"

"I have no idea," I shrug. "I wish I knew, but Shawn refused to tell me."

"Ohh," he nods. "Well then you better get going now- you don't want to keep him waiting."

"Alright," I grin. "I'll see you later!"

I walk into the kitchen and see Shawn putting his shoes on. He's wearing jeans and a nice blue plaid shirt.

"Hey," I smile while sitting down next to him.

"Are you ready to go?" Shawn grins. "I'm ready whenever you are."

"Yep, I think I'm good," I nod.

"My lady," he smirks while sticking out his hand for me to take. I grab it and then we go and get into the car.

"Here you go," Shawn exclaims while handing me a bandana.

"Please tell me we aren't going to a rodeo," I laugh nervously.

"Oh my gosh," he chuckles. "No, we aren't. What we're doing is just a surprise. I thought it would be cute and a little more fun if you had to be blindfolded."

"Fine," I pout. "But let me take off the blindfold ASAP!"

"I will," Shawn promises. "The place we're going to isn't that far away."

"Okay. Ohh, we should listen to some good music as we drive around," I suggest.

"ED SHEERAN!" he cheers while turning up his song, Tenerife Sea.