♞ Chapter 3 ♞

Yuri's expression changed from a calmed smile to a confused grimace. She looked at Monika and then to the other girl.

The purple-haired girl stood up. Natsuki almost passed out when she noticed the other girl's height.

"Yuri! This is the new receptionist, well...the relief" Monika introduced the pink-haired girl.

"N-nice to meet you Yuri-san!" Natsuki quickly greeted the woman in front of her.

The taller girl was avoiding eye contact. She stood still, like if she was trying to disappear in thin air.

"Y-yuri. Hi..." She managed to introduce herself...sort of. "H-hi" She said again.

Monika kept her smile, but it wasn't as sincere as before.

"So, my friend Sayori and I are new around here...if you want to hang out" Natsuki gave the first step. Behind her 'firm' statement...she was a nervous mess.

"Sure, I'll see you around!" The purple girl almost yelled in panic. She quickly started glazing the cookies on the tables.

"Okaaay...Cya around, I guess" Natsuki got out of the small room. Monika followed her.

" Well, she's Yuri, my cousin" Monika said. "I would love to continue chatting, you're a good listener Natsuki"

''That's my specialty. Being a cute quiet girl...' Natsuki thought to herself.

"I'm afraid our time is almost up. I would like to continue our conversation at your next recess...If that sounds good to you, of course" Monika had energy for all day it seems.

"Uhhh, sure. But what if you now talked to Sayori--I-I mean, my friend would appreciate an happy social time with you!" The pinkette corrected.

"Oh right! Your friend must be very busy. We haven't seen her around" Monika scanned the room with her eyes.

Natsuki noticed some people entering the building.

"I'm gonna head to work. Bye!" Natsuki ran towards her workplace.

Monika waved her hand, saying bye to Natsuki without her noticing. The caramel girl then walked back to the kitchen.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

3pm. Break.

Monika was sitting on a sofa at the reception room.

She was sent to look out Natsuki and make sure she's doing her job like expected. Hopefully, the pinkette handled things perfectly...almost.

"Hey Natsuki. Go to lunch. I'm waiting for someone to arrive, so you can leave the reception to me" She approached her.

Natsuki didn't feel confortable with Monika relieving her. But her stomach growled and her brain was begging for nutrients. She gave up to the hunger. "Fiiiiine" Then she walked towards the little restaurant.

"Five takoyaki balls, please" She said in a grumble. Oh! If you thought that she was going to eat there, nah! Her plan was to order and then go outside to eat it in peace.

"Here you go miss" The cooker gave her the small box with food. "It would be four hundred ¥ please " Natsuki paid him and then turned away.

She looked both sides of the streets. Since the hotel was located at the center of the city, there were various benches, all of them were taken though, except for one. Yuri was sitting on one of the benches, she was reading a book. The purple girl was leaving enough space for Natsuki to sit.