⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟗

Start from the beginning

"who is this man?" mark asked, holding up a picture inside of a frame. bathilda ignored him again and walked up the stairs, him following close behind.

"i've got a bad feeling about this." jeno said, watching mark disappear upstairs.

"glad i'm not the only one. she creeps me out." yunhee whispered.

"renjun, you stay with mark. we'll look around down here." jeno told the ravenclaw and he nodded then hurried up the stairs.

the two hufflepuff's walked through the rusting rooms, with their wands illuminating it, as they picked up certain items they found. they made their way to a room where they could hear loud buzzing and a horrible stench coming from. jeno followed the sound and smell and pushed open the door. a swarm of bugs buzzed around him as he pointed his light up to the ceiling that had blood dripping from it.

"mark! renjun!" he yelled, turning around and dragging yunhee with him to the stairs.

they rushed up in time for yunhee to throw a spell at the snake going after the two boys so that it was knocked away from them and crashed through the floorboards.

they stayed silent and kept a distance away from the hole the snake fell through in case it jumped back up. mark reached out to yunhee and renjun, who was holding onto jeno, so that they could apparate out, but the snake suddenly sprang up the hole and towards them.

"confringo." yunhee yelled the first spell that came to mind. the fire hit the snake and renjun quickly apparated them back to their tent.

"everyone alright?" mark asked.

"shit. i got burnt." jeno groaned, holding his arm to his chest.

"i'm so sorry! that's my fault." yunhee said, guiding him to sit down. she pulled up his sleeve, revealing the small burns. "i'm sorry."

"it's okay. payback for messing with you before, right?" he joked, a smile on his face.

"sure." she replied, smiling back as renjun was panicking behind them, looking for the burn-healing paste in the bag of supplies.

"guys... my wand." mark mumbled, holding up his wand that had a large crack running through it.

"how did that happen?" renjun asked as he applied the orange healing paste to jeno's wounds.

"i don't know. i think when we apparated. this is bad — real bad. nothing can be done about it now." he muttered, dropping it on the table and flopping down onto the beds.

"you can borrow mine, mark." yunhee said, rolling her wand towards him.

"i might need to later. thanks. i'll take care of it." he said.

"i trust you."

⚯͛

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟐𝟓 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

on the night of christmas, mark and jeno were sat outside, monitoring the area in case any snatchers came back. in the distance, they caught sight of a patronus and got up to follow it.

inside the tent, renjun was listening to music on the radio, but the hufflepuff girl was laying on the bed, her eyebrows furrowed.

"what is the matter?" renjun asked, placing his fingers on her eyebrows to smoothen out the wrinkles.

"you know the worst thing about this all is that i no longer have my dreams about the future. maybe if i did, him leaving wouldn't be so bad because i'd have an idea of where he was. but i have no clue and i also don't know what else might happen to us. i'm just as clueless as every other person." she replied, hugging the pillows to her chest. "i miss him."