22

Heejin's POV

Hyunjin and I hide in this small room as the girls guard the room. Hyunjin became silent right after Ryujin closed the door. 

"Hey," I said softly, removing the strands of hair covering her face and tucking it behind her ear.

"It'll be fine," I assured her.

This is why my dad taught me not to get attached to the people who work for us, but guess what? I befriended many of them, especially those who are just around my age. 

But my attachment to them is nothing compared to Hyunjin's attachment to Ryujin and Soojin. Those two are always by her side ever since.

"I don't fucking feel good about this" Hyunjin said, letting out a heavy sigh.

I can't say anything to her anymore as I can't give her an assurance that her best friends are gonna be alright.

I just hope that they'll be alright.

"I'm fine. We're fine, Uno. " Ryujin said, we heard her through our earpiece. 

"Don't think about us that much" Soojin followed 

"How can't I?" Hyunjin responded, 

"Five armed men are approaching Uno and Miss Jeon's location." It's Shin Yuna. She's at Kim's HQ. She's in charge of the comms and other stuff. 

Hyunjin told me to "Stay here" and she let go of my hand. 

"Hyunjin, wait, where are you going?" I stopped her, grabbing her wrist. 

"I'm gonna help them" she said, removing my hand on her.

"Uno, Hyunjin, no. Don't do anything against Boss's plan. We can handle this" Soojin said.

"Soo, I don't feel good about this" Hyunjin said

"Don't worry, bro. We're gonna protect the two of you at all cost" Soojin said, chuckling at the end of her statement.

"That's exactly why I don't feel good" Hyunjin said

"Don't come out of the room, Hyun. I swear to God I'm gonna feed you to Hades" Ryujin said

"Fine. Just be careful" Hyunjin said in defeat.

She sat on the dirty floor, not caring about her expensive clothes getting dirty. She heaved a deep sigh again.

I walked towards her and kneeled down in front of her. I take her hands and kiss the back of it.

Hyunjin's POV

Heejin is doing everything she can to calm me down, but I just can't. People from the Jeon Mafia are trained very well. I'm not saying that ours aren't trained very well, but it means there is more risk.

Gunshots. I heard gunshots from outside the door. I shut my eyes close hoping that my friends are alright.

I heard Soojin's hiss and Ryujin shouted her name.

"What happened?" I get up as quickly as I can.

"Ahh fuck" that was Soojin

"Soojin????" I called her name

"I got shot in the arm" she said and I went to the door, twisting the knob.

I saw Soojin lying on the cold floor, Ryujin kneeling beside her.

"What the fuck. Uno get back inside!" Soojin shouted at me.

"You're hurt, bitch!" I shouted back.