10

3rd person's POV

"Should we tell them?" Hyunjin asked Heejin as they walk in the quiet streets.

"Hmm?" Heejin humms

"Should we tell them about us?" Hyunjin said

"Hyunjin... I'm the only thing that's forbidden to you" Heejin looks at Hyunjin

"As much as I want to tell them... I don't want you to get in trouble with your dad"

"So, we're gonna hide this forever?" Hyunjin stopped and looked at Heejin. They're wearing masks, but Heejin can see how sad Hyunjin is by looking at her eyes.

She wants the world to know how much she loves this girl right in front of her, but she won't risk Hyunjin's safety. Knowing Kim Ju, he won't hesitate to do something to them when he found out about their relationship.

"It's hard" Hyunjin said, followed by a deep sigh.

"It's fucking hard" for the first time in two years, Heejin heard Hyunjin said that.

"I know" Heejin said and hold Hyunjin's hands tightly.

"I'm sorry" Heejin apologized and Hyunjin looks at her. She never heard the girl apologize to someone. It's the first time she heard her said that. The word sorry and please isn't in her vocabulary.

"I'm sorry" Heejin repeated and Hyunjin hugged her.

"It's my first time hearing you apologizing" Hyunjin said as she caress the girl's back.

"My parents didn't teach me to use words such as that so..." Heejin said

"I know cuz mine too" Hyunjin let go of Heejin and look at her wrist watch.

"We should go now, the event is gonna start in 2 hours"

Heejin's POV

After our walk, I know Hyunjin's not feeling alright. I know how bad she wants to tell our friends about us, but I just can't do it knowing that we can get hurt if our parents know about it too.

I just get out of the shower and I saw my phone lit up.

my little meow meow <3

don't wear dress tonight and make
sure to leave the venue before
clock hits midnight.
the whole place is gonna be a battlefield.
tonight's gonna be bloody.
see you later, gorgeous

They're making a move. It's really dangerous when the Kims make a move. I put on a suit and wear make up before going downstairs, meeting my parents who are arguing over something stupid.

"You're coming with Lee Hansol just wait for him-" I didn't let my mom finish what she's saying.

"No, there's no way I'll go together with him" I said firmly.

"Jeon Heejin." does she think that I'm scared of her?

"I will not." I put on my bratty face and stomp my heels on the floor. I can't believe this bullshit. Does she want me to throw tantrums right now?

"Heej-"

"I WON'T GO WITH HIM! I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH HIM! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE HIS STUPID FACE!" I yelled, destroying the vase beside me. Can't they get it? I don't fucking want him.

"Sweetheart" dad approach me, preventing me from destroying any other expensive things in this damn mansion.

"Dad, I don't want to go with him" I told my dad. You made me your spoiled little brat, take responsibility of it.

"Alright, alright, honey, just send Lee a message" he said to mom and caresses my head.

"Dad, don't set me up with him anymore or else I'll run away for real this time" I said, meaning every words.

"We won't do it again, sweetie. Dad promised that" he said and I hugged him. He's too easy to control. Just a little tantrum and a threat and he'll do whatever I say. He's scary when he gets mad though.

I then called Yeji telling her to pick me up. I'm too lazy to drive cuz mom ruined my mood.

-

3rd person's POV

Perfect timing, isn't it?

Kim and Jeons reached the venue at the same time, meeting each other at the entrance.

"How long has it been, Kim?" Jihyuk asked and chuckles.

"Dad" Heejin calls her father, but ended up being ignored. She looks over Hyunjin who's wearing all black suit and sigh.

"Can't we just go straight inside?" Jungeun asked, it seems like 5 years in Japan isn't enough for her to get a rest of her family fighting the Jeons.

"I wish we could" Jiwoo, her twin sister, mumbles.

Yerim noticed how tensed Hyunjin is and nudged her lightly and smiled at her to cheer her up a little.

Meanwhile, there's Hyeju who doesn't give a fuck with the world and just wanted to enter the fucking venue so she can eat already.

Back to Ju and Jihyuk, before they could even kill each other, the Kangs arrived and Ju averted his attention to them.

He sent signals to his daughters who got it immediately. The three of them stare at each and everyone of the Kangs' faces, memorizing each face they'll see. This night is gonna be the end of their bloodline.

Ju scoffed before moving his feet to go inside.

"Finally" Hyeju almost run towards the buffet table only to be held back by Hyunjin, telling her to calm down a bit.

The sitting arrangement for them is kinda bad. Children from Jeon, Kim, Lee, and some of their personal bodyguards for the night are in the same table.

Hyunjin is sitting across Heejin and she gave her a little smile before taking a sip of her wine.

"Hyunjin, daughter, come here" Mrs Kim called her eldest and the girl quickly went to her mommy who's at the other table.

"This is Choi Jisu" she introduced a girl to her.

Fuck. Hyunjin cursed internally.

Mrs Kim made Jisu sit next to her, making Yerim move to other chair. Hyunjin felt uncomfortable the moment Heejin picked up the knife to cut a piece of steak.

Jisu is talking to her and of course she'll respond, she don't wanna be rude and she don't want to embarrass her mother. Though Heejin looks at her with piercing glare and her grip on the knife tightens.

Hyunjin kicked Ryujin's foot under the table and gestured her to keep the Jisu girl entertained. Ryujin shakes her head and look at Yeji who's sitting next to Heejin.

Hyunjin cursed quietly and suddenly she felt the girl put her hand on top of hers. She lift her gaze to Heejin and who mouthed 'one'.

What?

'Two' Heejin mouthed again

'Get rid of that girl or this knife will go flying right to you'

Hyunjin gulped, hard. With that look on Heejin's face, she's definitely not kidding. Definitely not.

Hyunjin cleared her throat and lift her hand from the table, removing the girl's hand from her.

She loosen her tie as she feels nervousness runs through her whole system.

'Two and a half' Heejin smiled.

"Wooming" Hyunjin called her lovely cousin and look at her with puppy eyes. Jiwoo looks confused so Hyunjin tilt her head to the girl and subtly shakes her head.

Jiwoo got that and exchange seat with Yerim. She's now sitting beside Jisu and flirt with the girl which is actually her expertise.

'Thank you' Hyunjin mouthed and Jiwoo gives her a thumbs up while Yerim is laughing, watching the whole scene since the Choi Jisu girl joined their table.