Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

I am hiding behind Archer and Roan, just peeking between their shoulders.

A figure emerges from the shadows and my eyes widen in shock and amazement. I have never seen a human that looks so fantasy like.

The pale skin has an almost crystal glow to it, his blue eyes is so light that it looks almost like diamonds and his hair is as white as snow. I have never seen such a person before.

He walks forward in a long white robe, the sleeves all the way down with the robe to his ankles. He has such grace on him. When the sun had hit his face, my breath hitched in my throat. He looks so surreal.

"What are you doing in my forest?" The man speaks and I can not believe my ears. So gentle, yet so firm.

"This is not your forest." Archer grit out and the man smiles, once again my fascination in this man spikes. "This is my kingdom, and this forest is in it, which means it is mine." Archer speaks.

"Your father was kind enough to grant this forest to us as long as we stay out of the town. We scared the people." The man continues, his steps graceful as he glides towards Noah who is very calm. He strokes Noah's head, who allows him.

"That was my father, not me."

"What are you?" I ask, finally finding my voice. I watch him as he turns to face me, his long white hair gliding across his back.

"The people call us elves, but we are very much human." He watches me cautiously, "You are here on a mission. You do not come across like these men you are with." He turns to face me completely, strutting away from Noah. "The women of this town run and hides when they see us."

"Us?" I ask gently, "There are more?" I frown, "And elves are in the books I have read as a child. You are mythical creatures." He shakes his head, an amused look on his face.

"Like I said, we are merely human. People do not understand why we are so different, and if I am honest, I am not sure either why we are this way." He walks towards me, and I stand still, expecting some type of sorcery.

"What's your name?" He asks and I smile softly, feeling the kindness from him.

"Princess Aria, from Denmark." I curtsey slightly, but Archer grabs my arm. He gives me a warning look and I frown in confusion.

"Do not bow to him." He spits and I find myself getting frustrated. I have no idea why he is this way to this man, and it honestly starts to anger me. I can see the elf has nothing against Archer and that he only wanted us out of his forest.

It is something I can understand as this man has been hiding his whole life and this is the only place he accepts as home.

"You will not order me." I state, lifting my chin slightly, "I do not know what your problem is with this man, but he clearly did not start any type of fight or war." My voice is very stern. "If he had come running towards us with a weapon, by all means, attack him and be very angry, but he is calm towards us."

Archer looks shocked at my frustration and that I have stood up for an elf, but honestly it is just a name they have given someone who is different.

"What is your name?" I ask, my voice kind and soft. His light eyes soften, and he bows his head curtly at me.

"I am Alvin, the head of our community." He says, and my fascination in the way he even speaks just spikes again. "We are a small group, but my community is very peaceful. We are not use to visitors." He explains, and he extends an arm towards the area he had come from.

"We have accepted our names as elves but have also realised that we appreciate the name." He carries on explaining, "Ever since King Richard had allowed us to live among the forest with the plants and animals, we have not felt more at peace."