Chapter 10

Elly

After a very hectic day, I drowned myself in the bathtub. I celebrated my day of achievements by running in the woods in my wolf form. Eventhough I could hide my scent in my human form, I couldn't do it in the wolf form. Well...because my wolf didn't know how to use perfumes or she couldn't spray it all over her body using her paws. Hahaha...

The first time I tried, I sprayed it on my face making my wolf angry. She couldn't smell anything for hours and she refused to run like that. So I had to limit my transformations and when I did, it was only at night after everyone had gone to sleep.

But today I didn't have to worry. Our Alpha had ordered everyone to stay inside, but I took that chance to run in the woods as much as I wanted. I knew Drake wouldn't come outside since he was exhausted. Not only because of the attack but also because of Biyanka. I had a good laugh seeing how much Drake was embarrassed with Biyanka weeping and wailing.

Actually I didn't like the scene that played infront of me. I felt angry and jealous for a moment before I understood, it was the mate bond acting up. And his scent which smelled like cedarwood mixed with clary didn't help it either. The smell was intoxicating and it pushed me onto my feet few times but I managed to stay somehow. That was one of the reasons I never wanted to go near him. I was afraid, I would do something stupid.

I didn't recognised Josh as Biyanka's mate until Drake told her about him. She didn't come to see him but stayed silent after that. I knew Josh heard her because he had a painful expression on his face. He recovered completely but mom asked him to stay to run some tests. I wondered whether he heard me not. I wasn't sure but he woke up after I settled down on my chair.

I couldn't believe I was stupid. I just gave myself away. I was curious to know what their plans would be but Biyanka destroyed my chance. I knew I wouldn't be able to do this any longer so I was planning to call Drake once again.

On Monday morning when I entered the school I saw others looking at me and they whispered to each other about something. Did they find out? I was nervous and hesitated to open the mindlink to listen to them, but did it anyway. When I unblock my mind, I was flooded with congratulations and everybody told me they were proud of my achievements. Ohh! It was about the medicine.

It had spread already and I thanked them back. When Lisa saw me she hugged me tightly squeezing the life out of me. She asked me to tell her about that day eventhough she heard it from others. My day went like that with teachers and students wishing me and they asked me to pass the messages to my mom. I was kind of tired but happy.

I entered less crowded library and searched for books that I needed. I took a deep breath smelling new books and walked through aisles. It was relaxing and felt like home. I was reading a book near an aisle when someone spoke behind me.

"I never thought our Luna would have both beauty and the brain" the voice said.

I froze on the spot frightened and my heart began to beat faster. A dizziness washed over me and I clutched the book rack for support.

"Hey, hey! Are you okay? I'm sorry if I scared you. Here..."

He bent down and picked up the book that had fallen from my hands. He stood infront of me, handing me my book. I didn't want to look but I met his eyes anyway.

"You!?" I shouted surprised.

"Shh! We're in the library" He whispered.

"You!...you saw me that day" I whisper yelled. "But you pretended like you were sleeping" I looked around, nobody was there except us.

"Josh right? What do you want?" I asked angrily. I couldn't believe he made a fool out of me that day.

"Calm down Elly..." He said. "Yes I saw and heard everything but I didn't want to scare you. That's why I stayed like that" he scratched back of his head. "And why do you think I want something from you?"

"I'm not an idiot Josh" I snapped. "If not you wouldn't have come and talk to me"

"You are smart indeed" he muttered. "Be my girlfriend"

"What!?"

"A fake girlfriend"

"But..."

"Let me explain" He sighed. "I want to make Biyanka regret for rejecting me" he looked at the distance trying to control his emotions. "I didn't accept her rejection yet but being the foolish girl she is, she thinks it's done. Be my second chance mate and get Drake off your back. It's a win win for both of us. What do you say?" He asked.

I took a moment to think about it. It wasn't a bad idea but...

"What if Drake find out? And what do you really want out from this?" I questioned.

"As for Drake, you can save me from him" he grinned and I rolled my eyes. "What I really want...I want her back"

"What!?"

"Yes..." He smiled sadly. "I love her Elly..a lot. She is my mate"

"What if I refuse? Are you going to tell Drake?"

"No! You helped me recover quickly. I'm grateful for that"

"Okay then. Let me think about it"