Chapter 03

Elly

I breathed in fresh air stepping inside the school. It was the last day before holidays begin and I loved holidays. Specially because I get to spend more time in the laboratory with my mom, helping her with her experiments.

As I walked further inside, I could feel happy vibes floating around but something else was there too.

My curiosity got the best of me, when I saw people whispering among themselves in the hallway. I was eager to find Lisa, guessing she might know what all the fuss was about. I didn't have to look for long. A smile crept on my face when I saw the person who was coming my way, making her way through the sea of people. Her face was red as she was holding her last breath, dying to spill the gossip to me.

"You know what had happened....?" Lisa panted.

"Breath Lisa. You are out of breath" I chuckled.

"You won't believe it" She said. " Biyanka had found her mate last night during her birthday party"

"What!? Wow!"

"Yes! but it was not Drake. It was a boy named Josh. And she had rejected him right then there"

"What!?...Oh my God!"

To say I was dumbfounded would be fair. Everybody knew Biyanka wanted Drake as her mate. But since Drake never had slightest interest in her, I never thought she would reject her mate for him. Stupid! What would she do when Drake found his mate?

Day went by quickly and bell rang signalling us the end of the school and beginning of holidays. Since it was month long, most of people had already planned their vacations. Lisa would be visiting her grandparents but promised to come back on my birthday, specially to see my wolf.

I didn't have anything planned except spending my time in laboratory, training with dad and a visit to the newly opened library in the city. Days went by peacefully and I was busy reading books, getting bruises and raking my brain to improve the success rate of a medicine that my mom created.

Until Roy and Claire visited us with presents, I totally forgot about my birthday. They came on the day before so they could witness my transformation when clock strike midnight. Transforming into a wolf was painful and unbearable but running in that form made all those things worth. My wolf had brown fur and green eyes, and it was beautiful.

Lisa was happy to see my wolf and asked me how I felt about mindlinking with others. To have voices talking about really unnecessary things when you focused on a experiment was pure torture. It took me day or two to block them out completely.

Since I didn't allow any private links, some boys used pack link to ask if I would like to meet them to see that we were mates or not. I refused so many times but they didn't stop it until my lovely brother threatened to break their legs. Once school started I hope I would find my mate soon. And I knew most of elders including Alpha wanted my mate to be someone in this pack.

Winning competitions and academic awards made me 'pride of the pack'. Just like my mom did when she was young. Our pack were proud to have a doctor like my mom who had earned a name by creating and discovering medicines to solve most our wolves' problems. And they had their hopes on me too. That was why Alpha would agree to do anything to make my life comfortable.

On the first day of school morning, Roy filled my ears with advices and rules if I was to meet my mate at school. After agreeing to his every condition, he had let me go and I was thankful. I didn't want to ruin my mood by running into his so called friends early in the morning.

I couldn't focus in any of my classes as I was having an emotional rollacoaster throughout the day. And I avoided cafeteria on purpose not wanting to meet my mate infront of everybody.

At the end of the day, after we finished our track training Lisa and I went inside the changing room to get clean up. I was disappointed about not meeting my mate but after running few laps I felt better.

"Cheer up!" Lisa said applying some lipstick on her lips.

"Are you going to meet that human boyfriend of yours?" I asked looking at her getting dolled up.

"Yes!" She winked.

I sighed. Lisa met this guy few months ago and they started to go out right away.

"What will happen when you find your mate? Your birthday is coming up" I asked.

"Don't worrryy... I'll end it before my birthday" she said. "We went on few dates. That's it"

"Couple of dates and he bought you expensive gifts" I pointed at her perfumes inside the bag.

"I couldn't say no. These smell soo good" Lisa grinned. "Here it's for you. I know you like this smell" She took out one.

"Nooo thanks. You can keep it"

"Com'on"

"Nop"

Lisa smiled mischievously and before I knew it she sprayed some on me.

"Lisa!" I shouted.

She giggled, "Here you can keep it now. Think of it as another gift" she put it inside my bag before running away.

I groaned and put the bag on my shoulder ready to follow her out. But before I could walk out Drake barged in and I stopped in my track shocked but the reason was not him. It was the word my wolf muttered in my head.

'Mate!'