I kneel in front of the giant grey bull and take his great big face in my hands. He huffs as I kiss his forehead. 

"Look after them," I whisper to him. He seems to understand well enough; I move back to say my goodbyes to Myles. 

Like Lorelei, he hugs me in a big warm hug. 

"We're going to miss you, the cacti especially," he jokes trying to lighten the damp atmosphere. I laugh breathily and pull away again. 

"We're going to miss you guys too," Ranboo speaks for me knowing all too well that if I tried to speak I would burst into tears. 

"You two better come back or else Lian, Jade and Ting will have my head," Lorelei says with a thick voice. I sniffle and nod; Ranboo wraps a comforting arm around my shoulders and I lean into his side. 

"Oh before I forget!" he says and digs into his jacket pocket. I watch as he takes out a palmful of Allium flower seeds. His favourites. 

"Something to remember us by," he says softly. Lorelei looks like she's about to shatter and makes a little squeaky noise as Myles wraps an arm around her shoulders as well. Lorelei takes the seeds as if they were precious diamonds and holds them in her fist by her heart. Even in her dismay, she still had a bright twinkle in her eye. 

"Thank you so much for everything, there aren't enough words for me to say that properly," I manage to say. 

"And we couldn't be more glad that we found the two of you on the side of the road," Lorelei smiles sadly, I let out a singular weak chuckle. None of us knew how to do this. 

Myles helped Lorelei back into the driver's seat with him and he took Angus's reins. 

"We'll see you later then," Myles says. 
"When L'Manburg is free, you must come and find it," I call to them. 
"We'll be there," Myles tries to keep us upbeat but it doesn't stop the sad pang from shooting through my chest as Angus's reins snap and he starts walking again. 

Lorelei looks back at us and waves, still clutching the seeds close. We wave back to her. Somehow I knew that they were a pair we'd never forget. 

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~~

The dank smell of the cave was slick against the walls and was only amplified by the smell of saltwater. I could feel the moisture from the sandy floor seeping into my filthy jeans, chilling me to the bone. Photos of Tubbo and I stared back at me as I flicked through them in the dark space. 

 Tubbo and I were meant to be best friends, we were meant to last forever. We promised that it would always be the two of us no matter what. What bullshit. 

We said we'd stay the same and stay together. But Tubbo changed, I think I'm still the same. The old Tubbo would have visited me. Hell, I wouldn't even be here if Tubbo was still the same as he was. 

Wilbur was meant to be my best friend. He swore we'd be brothers forever, that he'd look after me. More bullshit. I remember when we were best friends, just Wilbur and me. We did everything together, whilst Techno did whatever older brothers did whenever you're not around them. Probably sucking up to Dad. 

****

I brushed away angry tears and hugged my knees to my chest for comfort. Despite my foul mood the stupid birds still sing in the tree behind me and the sun shines just beyond the hedges that surrounded me. 

Stupid Wilbur, stupid Techoblade. 

Sparring was supposed to be fun. I was supposed to win and be super cool like them but they kept beating me. I'd angrily thrown off my shoes so I could get a better grip of the ground hoping that my toes would keep me steady in the messy earth.