seven

You stirred awake from the sunbeams that pierced through your tent. The birds chirped harmonious melodies as the leaves rustled from the slight breeze, making it a very welcoming morning indeed. Positioning yourself to sit down, you reached your arms upwards, giving your muscles the desired stretch.

The sunrise had provided a now brighter source of light as it slowly arose from the glimmering lake's horizon. The once onyx black sky had now transformed into a salmon pink shade explosion accented with the purple clouds that were highlighted with the morning's yellows and oranges. 

It seemed that you were the first one to awaken in the camp, thinking of this opportunity to finally bathe. Grabbing a fresh pair of clothes, you set them down on the grass by the lake as you removed your current ones off. Lastly, you let you (hair color) hair down from the tight bun, and let it sway from the breeze. Taking one last glance behind you, you realized that the coast was clear and you could bathe yourself without any peering eyes on your naked form. 

The lake water felt extremely cool and refreshing against your skin from the hot summer months. You submerged yourself again in the body of water before rising up for a breath of air in the surface. This especially felt nice since that encounter from that inbred couple made you feel filthy all over.

Arthur groaned, feeling pain from his gunshot wound as he rolled out of his bed. The morning light blinded him for a brief moment, causing his eyes to squint while getting out of his tent. From his peripheral, the gunslinger had noticed unusual movement and noise coming from the lakeside of the camp. 

Maybe it was a deer or another animal going for a swim, something that he could kill and sell its pelt to a nearby butcher. Arthur had grabbed his rifle and binoculars then headed towards the lake for his potential kill. Once he found a spot, Arthur then placed his binoculars on his field of vision, but nearly choked and dropped the equipment on the grassy floor. 

The outlaw's body was paralyzed for any sort of movement, his brain still trying to process at what he just witnessed. This was no deer or any sort of wild animal -- it was a woman. A woman who did not seem familiar to him in any way, shape, or form. He didn't recall seeing a woman (a naked one bathing in the lake in fact) like that in camp.

Finally regaining some movement from his unexpected surprise, Arthur took it upon himself to take another look with his binoculars. Unaware that woman was actually you, he took his journal from his satchel, and quickly sketched you. His quick drawing was of you with your bare back turned on him, trying to untangle the knots that formed on your (hair color) hair. 

Taking another look at you, the outlaw once again sketched you. This time, with your side profile facing him. Arthur was at a complete loss of words. He was mesmerized by your ethereal beauty. He took a deep breath, trying to compose himself as he wrote a quick entry on the same page where he had sketched you.

I went to go by the lake because I heard some splashing. Reckon I should take a look, thought it was some kind of animal going for a swim but I was wrong... It was the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on. I never thought I'd see a woman more beautiful than Mary, but here she was, bathing in the lake like she was some kind of goddess. I guess I was more shocked to see her fully.... Naked. But whoever she was, I wish to see her again.

Arthur closed his journal, returning it back inside his leather brown satchel. When he looked at the lake once again, you were no where in sight. The cowboy closed his eyes tightly, debating whether that woman (who was you) was just a figment of his imagination or that she was real. Either way, if anyone found out about this, they would think he was some kind of madman or something. 

But even with the mental conflicts he's having in his mind, he just couldn't stop thinking about you. The mysterious woman he saw at the lake. 

***