The gang followed you into the water, then you took a deep breath and dove in. Everyone followed suit as they swam right after you. Then they gasped as your legs became a tail, and your t-shirt became a black tank top.

"Holy..." Fred murmured, shocked as the bubbles escaped from his mouth. "That's what you don't want us to know?!"

"(Y/N), that tail is amazing!" Honey Lemon cried. "Seriously, it looks out of this world!"

"Looks good on you," Hiro remarked, nodding in approval. "Love the colour."

"Seriously?" Gogo looked at you in complete admiration. "This is what you've been hiding? You got me worried, (Y/N)! I really thought you were afraid of water!"

"Hydrophobia, me?" You laughed. "Why else would I study hydrotechnology at SFIT?"

"What exactly is going on here?" Wasabi asked. "I'm confused. Why is there a mermaid talking to us now?"

"Wasabi, it's (Y/N)," Tadashi told him calmly. "She's part mermaid." Then he explained the entire thing, and he remembered everything so you didn't have to add anything.

"So...what can you do with that tail of yours?" Honey Lemon asked. "Oh oh oh! I have an idea. Let's pretend we're like, um, your back up dancers and you could totally sing something like 'Part of Your World' or something! That would be awesome!"

You sighed and rolled your eyes, suppressing a giggle. "Honey Lemon, you know I don't really sing."

"But mermaids are good at that, aren't they?" Honey Lemon asked.

"Well..."

"Come on, (Y/N)!"

Now you laughed as a school of fished passed by you, encircling you with their silvery bodies. "Maybe another time, Honey Lemon. Thanks for that suggestion."

"What is there to see down here?" Hiro asked you.

"I'll show you," you said. "Follow me."

Tadashi half-expected you to take them to the same places where you first lead him, but this time you went down a different path to a beautiful cave filled with different rock formations.

"Whoa! I could totally fit all of my mascot suits in there!" Fred cried as he swam towards the rocks, eyeing them closely. "Whoa."

"Fred! Are you sure that's safe?" Gogo yelled.

"Should be!"

"They are," you laughed. "Go on. Explore all you like. It's one of my favourite caves to just rest if I get tired of swimming."

And that was what the group did as they looked around, their eyes in awe.

"Hey guys!" Tadashi cried, pointing at a huge open oyster near the end of the cave.

You decided to swim over to him with the rest of the group as he held up a golden pendant inlaid with a pearl. "Man. Must be some kind of treasure over here."

"Seriously, are we all going 'Little Mermaid' here?" Gogo groaned.

"Come on, Gogo, you got to loosen things up! (Y/N)'s a mermaid, and I think we're all living a mermaid's tale!" Honey Lemon said enthusiastically.

"Well...maybe," you said. "I mean, I never thought about seeing sunken ships around here."

What surprised you was that Tadashi looped the necklace around your neck. "For you," he smiled.

You smiled back as you took his hand and squeezed it. "Thanks."

"FOUND IT!" you heard Fred cry.