Story 33--Fishy Secrets (2)

Start from the beginning

"So (Y/N), I heard you have a secret to spill," Honey Lemon proceeded to tell you. "What is it about?"

"Oh get over it, Honey Lemon," Gogo said roughly. "She's afraid of water. Why else would she be so freaked out and tense?"

"I'm not tense!" you protested. "But you're right, I'm freaked out."

"But why?" Honey Lemon pressed you. "And are you scared of water at all?"

You shook your head. "It's something...more on the opposite side."

The silence that rang in the car--other than Bruno Mars's singing--lasted longer than you imagined.

"So I assume, (Y/N), that you love the water, yet you're freaked out." Gogo sighed as she popped a bubble she blew from her gum. "Spill it. What is it?"

"I'll tell you when we get there, and when the time comes. I promise."

Honey Lemon and Gogo both nodded, eventually leaving you alone as the scenery passed by, until you got to the beach--the same beach where Tadashi found out your secret. Together, you all unpacked your bags from the trunk and headed over, where Fred already had his boombox playing some classic surfing tunes, while you saw Wasabi and Hiro chatting about random things. You caught sight of Tadashi and waved to him, and he waved back as he approached you.

"Hey (Y/N)," he called, running over as he helped you carry one of Honey Lemon's big bags. "Wow. You look pretty."

You just blushed. All you were wearing was a simple dark blue t-shirt and white knee-length shorts with beige sandals, your hair let loose and floating in the wind.

"Thanks," you simply said, beaming, knowing that Tadashi must have been thinking about your tail as well. Somehow, you had to break it to the others. You just need to figure out the right time to do so.

"(Y/N)! Thank goodness you could make it!" Fred cried as he gave you a hug.

"Yeah," you nodded. "Glad I could make it."

"Hey (Y/N)!" Hiro called over to you, and you waved at him.

Hiro then came over to you. "Apparently Tadashi told me to make more of those devices that could let us breathe underwater, but yet you don't need one. Just assuming though, you might have had a rough history with the water, right?"

You sighed. How come everyone thought you had a fear for water?

"Well, not really," you said patiently. "I'll tell you later."

Soon, everyone gathered round for a picnic on the sand. Fred and Wasabi both whipped up some huge club sandwiches, and Tadashi and Hiro brought Aunt Cass's signature spicy hot wings, while you decided to top that huge meal off with some light lemon meringue pie that you made yourself. The whole gang dug in and enjoyed themselves, and you couldn't help but smile along with them too. Then you got up and dusted yourself off, taking off your sandals.

"Hey guys?" You cleared your throat. "I have something to confess."

"You already kissed him!" Hiro cried, which made the whole gang laugh. Tadashi turned beet red and glared at him. But you just frowned.

"Well yeah, we did," you said. "But that's not what I wanted to say. Apparently you all thought since Fred told you about tonight's get-together that I was scared of water, which was apparently a very weird assumption. Let me get this to you straight off the bat--I'm not scared of water. It's what the water does to me that might frighten you. Before we do anything, put on those devices that Hiro created for you. They may come in handy."

The whole gang put them on with curiosity, and when they were you done you brought them over to the turf.

"The reason why I don't need that is because...well, partly because, I can already breathe underwater. But that's not the most important thing. Follow me."