🌺/💔/⚔️(Hunter x Hunter) Killua Zoldyck ~an assassin's safespace~

Start from the beginning

"And I know it's kinda silly to only say this now after so many years but.... you mean so much to me... I deeply care about you. You.... To me... you are so much more than just my master... you're my friend." I gathered all of my courage and kissed him on the forhead, a bright blush growing on both our faces. He stared at me in complete awe, as if he had never heard someone speak before. Chuckeling a little, I gave him a playful smile, before slowly making my way to the door.

"Piggy should be hear soon. Hang in there Killua, hehe. And show this family of yours that you're still that cocky idiot I grew to love over the years, alright?" As soon as I finished that sentence, I froze in place, staring at an also staring Killua. His eyes were wide in shock and a blush over his entire face. 'Holy shit! Did I just confess?! Oh no! Oh crap! Play it cool (Y/n), play it cool!'

"U-Uhm... Eh... Oh! Would you look at the time! I-I should probably finish cleaning the windows in the masters bedroom. Y-Your mother will be furious if there're not finished in time! Gotta go!" I quickly rushed to the door, just wanting to escape the embarrassing situation but just as I got a hold on the door handle, the voice of my crush rung in my ears. "(Y/n), Wait! One more thing!" Still a blushing mess, I hesitantly turned my head, peeking at him over my shoulder.

There I saw him, still hanging in the air by chains, blood on his cheek, a blushing face and lastly a warm sincere smile that made my knees feel weak. "M-Me too..."

Two words, these two goddamn words did it. I smiled so widely that my cheeks started to hurt and I had to contain myself from running to him and kissing him right then and there. But I pulled myself together, sending him a smile before exiting the room.

Killua's POV.

'I can't believe it! The girl I had a crush on for ages likes me!' After (Y/n) left the cell, it was silent for a second before I heard exited squeeling from behind the door, making me chuckle. 'She's so cute.'

(Y/n) was always there for me when I needed her. She was my comfort zone. My safespace in this dark mansion I'm supposed to call my home.

I can't lie. I didn't miss this place. I liked being out there in the real world, doing whatever I wanted to do. I loved hanging out with Gon and I'm not denying that I miss his company right now but... When I was outside.... I missed (Y/n) so much more than I could ever describe. I felt bad just leaving like that but I didn't want her to get in trouble with my family.
'But I promise you (Y/n), when I leave again... I'm taking you with me... and then nothing is coming between us.'

~Three weeks later~

"You are free to go Killua." said Grandfather Zeno and all I could think was: 'Finally! My limbs were starting to fall asleep.'
And with just a few movements I was free. (Y/n) knew I would be able to easily break them anyway so they weren't that tight, so I was spared at least some uncomfortableness.

After taking a quick shower and putting on some fresh clothes I made my way into my father's room. I told him everything that happened since I left home and he gave me permission to go into the world after I promised him to never betray my friends.

Hearing that, I knew exactly what I needed to do next. I searched the whole mansion for my crush until I finally found her carrying some laundry down a set of stairs. "(Y/N)!!!" She clearly jumped at the sudden shout, losing her balance on the stairs and since her hands were full with laundry, she had no option in stopping her fall. I gasped and used my quick assassin reflexes to rush to her aid.

The laundry scattered everywhere down the stairs as I caught her. My hands were around her back and she was slightly dipped. Her hands on my shoulders and our faces inches apart. "K-Killua!" I couldn't stop myself any longer. I wanted to do this since we both confessed three weeks ago in the dungeon. The chains were holding me in place back then but now... Nothing was stopping me from doing this. I pulled her closer to me so that our chests were touching and gently connected our lips. She gasped, clearly not expecting this but she soon melted into me, tightening her grib on my shoulders.

Her lips were softer than I had ever imagined. I know we were only 12 but I couldn't help how she made me feel. Our lips moved in sinc and I felt one of her hands running through my hair. I shuddered under her touch. 'Oh I love when she plays with my hair like this!'

Soon enough, the need for air was too strong and we had to disconnect. We gazed at each other through lidden love-filled eyes. "Come with me..." I said, leaning our foreheads together. "W-What?" "Father gives me permission to go... I want you to come with me this time." I explained with pleading eyes. Never in my whole life have I ever begged for anything but for her? I would beg on my knees. She grew a small smile and nodded, making me happier than I had ever been. "Great! Come on, let's go!"

Excitedly, I connected our hands and pulled her towards the exit. On our way there, we came across mother. "Kil dear, you can't leave now! You just arrived! And what are you doing with that stupid maid?! Isn't she supposed to take care of laundry?!" She complained, as if (Y/n) wasn't right next to me. I stepped in front of her, just in case that old hag tried anything. I had shown (Y/n) a few tactics to defend herself if needed to but my family... was a different case.

"This maid has a name, you know? It's (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n). And you have no right to talk to her like that?" I glared at her with all the hatred I could muster, which was quite a lot. "Excuse me!?! I can talk to her however I want. She has never been anywhere but here, I basically own her!!!" Hearing this, I couldn't stop a pissed growl escaping from my throat. (Y/n) must have noticed that I was about to launch at my so called mother, because I felt her gentle hand slip into mine, instantly calming me down, although I still remained extremely pissed. "You f*CKING hag!!! She doesn't belong to you! She's her own wonderful person!!! She only stayed here because she had nowhere else to go but guess what mother...." I made a quick pause, almost spitting the word mother out of my mouth, before continuing.

"I'm gonna leave! For good this time! And I'm taking (Y/n) with me! You have no longer control over her!" Even when it was mostly covered my the bandages she was wearing from the injury I caused her weeks ago, I could tell her face turned bright red in anger and I tightened my grip on my crush's/girlfriend's hand. Her aura littleraly screaming murder, she turned her attention to the trembling girl behind me. 'Poor (Y/n)... She never even dared speak against anyone in my family in fear of getting punished for it. It took me a couple of years to make her understand that she is allowed to say no to any of my requests or ideas. So this situation, where my mother's bloodlust is completely directed on her, made her shudder in fear. Don't you worry, love. I'll protect you from now on.'

Anyway, back to my mother's b*tchy outburst.

"Oh you little piece of SHIT!!!! YOU BRAINWASHED MY POOR SON! YOU FORCED HIM AGAINST ME!!! YOU WILL BE PUNISHED FOR THIS!!!" I heard (Y/n) gasp and her grip became almost uncomfortably tight. Mother raised her fan, most-likely to shoot her with these projectile that come out of it. (Y/n) visibly flinched and scooted closer to me. 'Oh no, forget it. You'll not hurt the girl I love!'

Before anyone could blink, I snatched the fan from her hands and went behind her. I kicked so that she was knelling on the ground before pointing her own weapon (the fan) right to her forehead. My eyes were dull, being in assassin mode. "Don't you dare lay a finger on her. She's coming with me and that's final. If you try to follow us. If you dare threaten her life.... I will end you..." Is explained in a calm yet serious tone. Then I broke the fan in two, threw it to the side, grabbed (Y/n)'s hand again and dragged her outside into the direction of the butler's office. On the way there, she got the biggest smile on her face I had ever seen.

'This is it... I'll spent my freedom with the girl I had a crush on for years. I can't wait until she meets Gon!'

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Wordcount: 3192