🌺/💔/⚔️(Hunter x Hunter) Killua Zoldyck ~an assassin's safespace~

Plot
(Y/n) has been a maid at the zoldyck residence ever since she was 5 years old. She is around Killua's age so it was only natural that they became very close over the years but due to his family's status, they were not allowed to call themselves friends. This takes place after the hunter exam when Killua came back.

WARNING:
- child abuse
- mention of murder
-maybe some swears

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

(Y/n)'s POV.

I was cleaning the windows in the masters bedroom, just as mistress Kikyo had rudely ordered me to. "Listen here you little brat! Since you seem to be done changing bed sheets, you are allowed to clean the windows! I will check in an hour and woe if they're not spotless until then, you'll be sleeping in the dungeons without any food or water!!!" That's what she had to me earlier. She always had spoken to me like that. So rudely with zero respect. It only got worse after Killua, the third eldest and heir to the family's 'business', ran away from home.

The oldest son Illumi was currently trying to get him to come back. Apparently he was taking a shot at the hunters exam, which doesn't surprise me at all. Killua had always liked challenges and since the hunters exam is supposed to be the hardest exam on earth it was practically made for Killua's urge of thrill.
(Omg guys, when I wrote taking a shot, for some reason it changed into taking a shit and I lost it. 🤣)

'I wonder how he's doing right now. It has been a couple of weeks already.' Don't get me wrong, I know he's perfectly able to take care of himself.... at least safety wise. I had no doubt that he would pass the exam without difficulty. I couldn't help but smile.

Killua and I were always very close, partly because we were around the same age. Ever since I introduced myself to the family as the new maid 7 years ago, Killua seemed to have taking a liking to me. Whenever I would be doing chores, it didn't matter what kind of chores, he would always be there to keep me company. At first, I was confused because the other Servant's told me that the family members are never very kind to newbies but right from the start, the white haired boy was always nice to me, telling me how things worked around here, even teaching me a few of his fighting skills when we were completely alone.

I got a dreamily look on my face as a small pink blush rose to my cheeks. It's true, I have a crush on Killua. He was so funny and confident in his skills yet he became so cute and flustered when someone would sincerely compliment him. It was strictly forbidden for masters and servants to be together and Killua never showed any romantic interest in me anyway so I decided to try to give it up. I wouldn't want to find out what his mother would do if she realized how close we actually are.

The both of us knew how our friendship was a big no-no and to avoid getting in trouble we decided to be friends in secret. When his family or the other Servants would be around, we would act completely professional but whenever we were alone we would hang out, play games, crack jokes and laugh like there was no tomorrow.

As those memories went through my head, I suddenly spotted a white and blue figure walking towards the mansion. I squinted my eyes in hopes to get a better image. Then I spottet his familiar white hair and his signature red and yellow skateboard. I nearly dropped the cloth I was cleaning the windows with. "Killua is back!" I squeeled, exited to see my crush again after so many weeks.

Not even hesitating, I dropped all the cleaning supplies and rushed down the stairs and through the front door. 'There he is!' The boy was about a hundred meters away from the mansion, his head was down, a shadow casting over his eyes. Feeling tears of joy fill my eyes, I began running towards him. "Killua!" I called out, he stopped walking, still with his head down. Once I reached him, I jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You're back. I'm glad you're back. How was it? Did you pass the exam?"