🌺/💔/⚔️(Hunter x Hunter) Killua Zoldyck ~an assassin's safespace~

Start from the beginning

I had so many questions, I hadn't left kukuroo mountain ever since I started working here, so I had barely any own memories of what was out there. But Killua didn't say anything. He kept quiet, which worried me. I heard him drop his skateboard and only a few second later, I felt him wrap his strong arms around me, buriring his face in my neck, seemingly taking in my scent. "Killua? Are you... alright?" I tried to release him from the hug to look him in his face but he wouldn't let me, only pulling me closer to him. "I... I did something horrible..." Was the only thing he said. Now I was extremely worried. Never in our time together had he acted like this. He was an assassin, he killed people and most of the time that didn't face him at all, so I was very surprised and curious on what could have possibly happened. I pulled him closer to me, running my hand through his soft hair as I had learned he liked me to do. "Killua... wha--" "KIL! Is that you my son!?" I heard mistress Kikyo call out. Within a single second, Killua let go of me and made it looked like we never even made contact, his head still hanging low. As his mother made her way over to us, I kept my worried gaze on him but tried to look as professional as possible.

"Oh Kil, I'm so glad you're finally back home but considering that you still stabbed me and Milluki and even worse, ran away from where you belong, I'm sure you understand that you still need to be punished. Your brother is very furious, you understand that, right?" Killua didn't say anything at first but then he finally answered with a blund voice.
"I understand... I'll be waiting in one of the single cells. Tell piggy to go over there to get this over with." There was not a single emotion in his voice, I could have cried seeing him like this. "(Y/n)..." I jumped as my crush addressed me. "Y-Yes master Killua?" It pained both of us when I would call him that. It felt like we were nothing more than master and maid. "You'll come with me, I need a little assistance with chaining me up." Even if I didn't want to do this, I knew I had no choice and maybe this will give us an apportunity to talk about what happened.

~Little time skip to the dungeon~

Down in the dungeon, Killua took his shirt off, making me blush first of all, then he went over to the wall, were I chained his hands up and bound his feet together, just as requested. Still having this shadow over his eyes. I couldn't stand seeing him like that, so broken. "Killua, what happened?" I asked calmly. He didn't answer. Taking that as a sign that he wanted to be alone, I let out a sigh, turned around and walked to the door. "N-No, (Y/n)! Wait... Stay here... please..." I turned back and went back to hugging him, around his bare chest this time due to him hanging in the air slightly. He nuzzled his nose into my hair, hugging me back to best of his abilities at the moment.

"Killua, please tell me what happened. It pains me to see you like this. Please let me help you." I whispered and he let out a sigh finally giving in.

And then, he told me everything. The hunter exam, his new friend named Gon, the different tasks, the final stage, Illumi's disguise, his threat to kill Gon and his murder of an old man. He confessed everything, what he went through and how he felt. The last thing he said was: "(Y/n)... I'm so tired of this... I'm so tired of killing. I just want to be normal. Hanging out with you and Gon. That's it. Is that so much to ask?"

I had tears in my eyes, then hugged him again, rubbing his back in hope to comfort him. It worked. His breathing slowed down and he buried his face deep into my hair, taking in my scent. He does that quite often. I could tell he blamed himself for what happened. After a few minutes I pulled away again but stayed close to him. "Killua... Look at me." Wanting to obey my wish he rose his head so I could see his face but he still avoided making direct eye contact.

I caressed his cheek with my hand, gently rubbing my thumb over the dried blood stain on his left cheek. Finally, finally he locked eyes with me, his beautiful blue eyes glowing in the dim light of the cell. "Listen, none of that was your fault, you hear me? You didn't know Illumi was right there and I know you certainly didn't want to kill that old man just for fun. You're not like the rest of your family. You're you." Talking in the most sincere tone I could muster, I continued to gentle brush my fingers over his cheek, making him visibly flustered.