Chapter 36: Ensemble

Beginne am Anfang

Haha... I swear I'm fine, so please don't coddle me like this...

Ever since that one time I got sick, long ago, people have become a lot more sensitive to when I act differently from normal... even though I actually got better pretty quickly for once!

Anyway, before Violet could repeat what she had said, our carriage came to a stop.

It seems that we've arrived.

Heading out of the carriage, I turned around and held out my hand to help Violet out. I feel like I'll never forget the manners I was taught by Orpheus, even in my next life...

SPEAKING OF ORPHEUS. I SWEAR HIS ONLY PURPOSE IS TO MAKE MY LIFE WORSE.

Last year, I thought I was finally free from that devil of a man, BUT GUESS WHO ENDED UP BEING MY TEACHER?!

What is he?!

AM I BEING HAUNTED?!

HOW MUCH DO EXORCISTS COST?!

I'LL GIVE MY FIRST-BORN CHILD, IF I HAVE TO!

I can only sigh to myself.

To be honest, I mainly felt bad for my classmates. They're all from noble families, but at least I was prepared for what was coming in that class. I heard that there was already a rumor about how the only way to pass Orpheus's class was by selling your soul to the devil.

Little did they know... I've already done that a long time ago...

On the day I let Orpheus stay as my teacher, I'd already made a deal with the devil...

I hope that ass trips on a pebble.

"Gil!"

Suddenly, I feel an arm around me, as I look up to see a bright golden-color.

Fuck! I'm being blinded!

Ah. Wait. It's just Cyril!

Thinking back on when he was a child, I began questioning how aging worked again...

That cute and adorable boy that resembled a small puppy has grown up to be a big golden retriever-like dog! This is a fraud! What the fuck!? Also! Why is he taller than me?! I'm supposed to be the older one here! I was hoping the cgs in the game weren't accurate about the height!

I sigh in my head, once again.

Anyway, he's really changed.

He still had the appearance of the Cyril in the game, so he still had a playboy look to him. However, I know firsthand that he's probably the most pure person I know.

Even though he's all grown up and big now, he'll always be my puppy... sorry, I'm starting to tear up a bit...

"It's a pleasure to see you, your highness."

Although he's stopped hugging me whenever he sees me, just like when he was little, he still never stopped being so up close and personal. As much as it's endearing, it does mess up with my usual etiquette.

I look around me and notice a lot of girls staring at us, including Violet, with eyes that look like they have hearts on them.

So this is the power of an ikemen's face, huh? We have 3 of the capture targets here, afterall.

Terrifying.

Even Violet's still affected too, despite seeing our faces after so long. Surprisingly, that usual cold chilling aura that I remembered as a kid hasn't resurfaced during times like these for a while now. I still will wonder to this day about what that was about.