“He's right across the river from where I am”, I said, “there are a group of Draco's over there too! Taro, permission to engage!”

“Denied!”, Taro answered, “do not engage!”

“Taro there's a dragon over that looks like me”, I told him, “Shadow is going to walk right up to them thinking it's me!”

“Hold your fire Major!”, Taro shouted, “if you shoot the entire place is gonna turn into a meat grinder.”

“So what am I supposed to do?”, I asked loading a round into my 105.

“Hang tight”, Taro said, “I have an idea.”

Growling at myself, I shut off the coms as Taro's camera feed came up. He turned to face Nina and handed her two laser pointers.

“I didn't get the name Razgriz through conventional fighting techniques”, he said, “once I'm on Shadow's flank, I want you to climb in a tree and point each of these at a dragons head.”

“Crafty”, Nina said smiling, “I like it.”

“Get a deep breath”, Taro said.

They both inhaled to the point where their chests were puffing out and then jumped in the river. They swam down stream until they were well behind Shadow's flank. They surfaced on somewhat steep bank and climbed into the brush, out of my sight. As Taro crept through the brush, I turned my attention back to Shadow. As I suspected, he had walked right up to the dragons. With the aid of the parabolic microphone on my 105, I was able to listen as well as watch.

“STAR”, the red one yelled.

“Blue”, Shadow replied.

“No Shadow!”, I mumbled to myself.

“Wrong!”, the silver dragon snapped, “it's Texas!”

I growled at myself as the safety on my 105 clicked off. If those dragons attacked my friend, the trees in the area would be a catcher of pieces.

“Hey Roark”, the orange one said, “this is one of the Resistance Dragons we've been tasked to kill.”

“It is”, the Mountain said, “isn't that convenient, means we don't have to get our paws wet to find his ass. Let's get this over with. Do me a favor and don't run, I really don't wanna chase you down.”

“Pull that trigger and I'll split you in two”, I growled at myself.

Shadow began to back pedal away from them. Judging by how sluggish he was moving, I could tell he was hurt. I watched on Taro's video feed as he gave the order to Nina and Talon's 22 pilot to go up a tree. Taro then crept into the bushes and turned the laser on his 60 and his 20 on the leader.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you”, Taro said lowly, “your going to start something you'll regret dearly.”

The other dragons turned and locked their weapons on Taro, even though they couldn't see him.

“Ahhh, don't try it”, he said, “I'm faster on the draw than you. Your leader will be dead before you even have the chance.”

“So you a member of the team or something?”, the brown asked.

“No. I am a ghost to all who know my story. My job is to defend those who cannot protect themselves, like this one here. I've seen things that would make any normal dragon kill themselves. I am the Grim Reaper himself, a shadow, a demon. The few who have seen me in action call me Razgriz. Or in English, the Demon of the North Sea. Oh and just a heads up, I didn't earn the name Razgriz with conventional fighting techniques”, Taro said. The other dragons smiled.