[ five ]

- september 2019, autumn

it was saturday, donghyuck's favorite day of the week. 

he planned to have some alone time at home, but jaemin had to ruin it all. not that the pinkette hated the younger's company, he just felt the need to be alone and at peace. totally not donghyuck, right? 

jaemin invited him to a fancy restaurant along with jeno, renjun, and chenle. he said it was because chenle wanted to treat them for the opening of it since his parents took part in building it. donghyuck sigh at the offer, just wanting to play games at home and sleep. but johnny approved the offer since he himself is invited to a meeting with a big company, at least that was what he said. 

"hyuck? we're here!" the cheerful voice of the youngest among them called out to him from the front door just as he started putting on his shoes and slipping his ringing phone in his pocket. he smiled at the four boys who giggled at his look.

"you're shirt's upside down." renjun commented which made donghyuck widen his eyes at his own shirt. he cursed and rushed back inside to fix it for a few seconds and went out again as if nothing happened. they all were in a good mood, especially after teasing dongyuck's carelessness. 

a 20 minute ride was all they needed to arrive at the bright-lighted restaurant. they all went off of jeno's car and admired the beauty of the new building. if it weren't for chenle who told them it was a restaurant, they all would've mistaken it for a ballroom of some sort from outside.

as they entered the two big glass doors, they were greeted with some staffs who lead them to their designated table. chenle seemed to be comfortable with these types of diner as his family was pretty well off while donghyuck and the others seemed to still be fazed by its fanciness. 

they all sat at a medium-sized round table with a small candle in the middle and a few napkins for each of them. the waitress gave them their menu and started offering them the best they have. donghyuck's eyes widen at the price. 

"holy shit..." he whispered to himself but didn't go unnoticed by chenle beside him. the younger giggled. 

"chill, hyung. pick anything you want."

"you do realize how expensive these are right? i feel bad." donghyuck shyly smiled while chenle just chuckled playfully, ruffling the latter's hair. 

after they each ordered their meals, they started chatting with each other about school, stories, or even weird things such as super natural creatures or aliens. they spend around half an hour doing so, donghyuck laughing at the jokes they made. his head turned to a direction where a waitress is at, curious when their food will be arriving as his stomach started to get mad about not being fed. 

but just as he was about to raise his hard to the waitress, he saw a familiar figure. too familiar to be true. 

there stood mark lee and his other office workers. he looked handsome all dressed up. it seems like they were having a company dinner. but donghyuck didn't look at them, just at mark. his blood still boiled at the presence of the older. but still, he couldn't just rush to him and tell him and his co-workers to leave just because he wasn't comfortable with the canadian being around him. and so he was about to turn back to his friends but another person caught his eye. his uncle, johnny, was there too, approaching mark who smiled at him. 

"why is he with uncle?" he mumbled to himself with a little grumble and anger in his voice. although the boys didn't hear what he said, they turned their heads to him. 

"everything okay? we can move if you wa-"

"no no, everything's fine." he cutted chenle's words and smiled at him and the others, obviously fake. they then went back to their talking session, not noticing the food that has finally come. 

a meal later, donghyuck's stomach betrayed him. he excused himself and ran to the nearest restroom there to throw out the food he just ate. he groaned in annoyance at the sour bitter taste and immediately took some tissue to wipe his mouth. 

must've been too much food. he thought to himself as he remembered all the continuous annoyed eating he did before throwing up. he gulped and went to the sink to see his face. not much of a change, just a bit paler. he turned around to leave, not expecting to see the person he wanted to see the least. 

"how long have you been here?" donghyuck asked with an eye roll. 

"since you started throwing up." the taller replied dryly with his arms crossed and his figure leaning to the door frame. donghyuck's insides churned with anger as he saw the cocky face of his old best friend that now is the person he despise the most, probably. 

"move." he said to the latter who's shoulders got knocked by donghyuck but didn't faze. the pinkette stormed out of the restroom but was stopped by mark, although unsuccessful.

"you forgot your phone!" he exclaimed as he went inside the restroom again after seeing the younger's phone on beside the sink. of course, donghyuck's mind was clouded with different ways on how to get out of mark's sight until he didn't hear mark's call that was for a good cause. he made his way back to the table of his friends whose expressions filled with worry and confusion at donghyuck's pale and knitted face. he roughly sat back at his chair and huffed. 

"is everything okay?" renjun started with a soft voice that made donghyuck calmer for a slight bit. he knew everything he did was over the line, ignoring mark and snapping at him and all. but mark had left a scar in his heart that hasn't healed for long, although a small one that can be easily forgotten. 

"yeah. just an upset stomach." donghyuck gave them a small smile and went back to staring a the crowd. 
"could uncle johnny be working with the lees?" he asked himself quietly while in deep thought. 

...