CHAPTER 33

IRIS

The two girls accompanied me to another spacious room that reminded me of a warehouse. It was well-illuminated, and the ceiling was still dome-shaped. I stopped my pace when I came to the doorway. My jaw dropped at the things right in front of me.

I saw hundreds of spaceships of different sizes and shapes and towering robots. Even more interesting was the number of aliens roaming freely everywhere, going about their business. The good thing was I already knew them, so overreacting was unnecessary.

On the left side of the room, some aliens were much taller than everyone else and had blue skin. They were all busy fixing their ships. Others stunned me because their faces looked like animals, but their bodies were human. I wasn't ready to witness an environment like this, but I had no choice but to accept this reality since it was already in front of me.

I strolled around the room while the two girls followed me. I couldn't stop turning my gaze on everyone we passed. I saw aliens of different skin colors and heights, like the one passing a meter away from me. They were short, like children, but their faces resembled sea animals. I saw an animal that looked like it had turned into a human. I know I'm sane, but this is how I feel now. I felt a rush of unexplainable excitement.

Being here has changed my perspective on life. I asked myself if God exists. But these aliens intended to protect humanity, so maybe God sent them here. And I still believe in His existence.

"Look, Erier was there," Marinagua snapped at me while pointing her finger at Hector from afar.

"Erier?" I asked, feeling confused.

"That was his real name. Hector was just a human name given to him," she explained. I nodded in disbelief.

Hector was almost like a Hollywood celebrity because he had a screen name or an alias.

The three of us approached Hector. The three leaders were with him, all wearing overalls with the same colors. That was what I noticed about them. Most of the color of their overalls was gray and blue. These must be their standard uniforms.

Ezeros came to us, beaming at me. "Welcome to the Alien Convention, Iris. We are here to maintain peace and order in your world. As one of the humans here with us, your presence is an honor."

My lips curled upward, and I loved what he had said. So, besides me, some humans had already visited this island too. Who were they? I'm curious about it.

Hector approached me too. He said, "I'm going back home. I'm leaving you here."

I had to go with them because they were heading back to Poblacion. Hector told me that he would get his armor first. He insisted on wearing the armor they made for him. But, in fairness, I loved the design of his armor. It was more high-tech and reminded me of Masked rider black.

It turned out that everything was ready. Ezeros told me that the first group had already reached the Philippines and was setting up a station near San Francisco in my town. I asked him what would happen if humans like me discovered all this. He said it would never happen because they had technology that could conceal everything from us humans. They remained true to their objective that they would never ruin our lives, even our way of living. Ezeros's words almost made me cry, and I am thankful to him and all of them. They made me feel significant and more determined, with the assurance that I could save the people I love.

***

We reached the station in no time with the help of technology that could teleport us to different places. Humans had dreamed of inventing this someday, and I couldn't believe they already had this technology. Eke told me they didn't want to share their knowledge about this with us because he thought it would only make humans much worse. He believed that if this kind of knowledge ended up in the wrong hands, it would be easier for them to guard humanity. They had sworn to protect us, yet only humans, in the end, could fail themselves. We all know that some of us were born without souls and are not genuinely human. Maybe they had the blood of Crey, the animal.