CHAPTER 11

ERIER

We found ourselves in a vast, dark blue area between a gigantic stone wall carved under the ocean floor. On my left, I noticed something moving in the distance, and it was getting closer to us. As it approached, my eyes widened, and my jaw dropped in amazement. It was an enormous underwater creature; I had never seen anything as big as this. Its size made me feel uneasy and uncomfortable.

"That was Tiny, a Megalodon," I heard Marinagua's voice behind me. "A species of ancient sharks. Humans thought they no longer existed, but they were wrong. Tiny was our gatekeeper."

As she spoke, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Suddenly, I saw it approaching us, its eyes fixed on me. I held my breath in awe, not fear. However, a bright light quickly caught my eye as Tiny passed us. Marinagua's headquarters was glowing in the deep blue space around us. My jaw dropped in amazement, like a child experiencing something for the first time.

"This was our spaceship when we arrived here thousands of years ago. As time passed and our technology advanced, we modified it until it expanded and became a structure resembling a huge city," Marinagua explained.

From a distance, it appeared to be a logarithmic spiral. Still, upon closer inspection, it resembled a nautilus shell, one of Earth's cephalopods. The structure emanated a luminous glow, teeming with life within the otherwise barren ocean.

Light dots of various colors surrounded us as we passed through a tube-like tunnel. Eventually, we arrived at a dome-shaped area where I was in awe of my surroundings.

I saw similar vehicles parked in parallel arrangements. Presumably, this is the station for all of their transportation. Through the vehicle's transparent shield, I saw most of Marinagua's kind for the first time. They floated around as if there was no gravity in this world, and the walls of this massive place changed colors, creating an incredible sight.

"Hold tight to Cupid." The dolphin was outside now, waiting for me. "You can never walk here. We all float."

I noticed the transparent shield had disappeared, so I reached for Cupid's dorsal fin, and he pulled me out of the vehicle. It was like flying, and I couldn't help but look around at everyone.

The Nommos seemed to have noticed me as they all paused, stopped what they were doing, and turned their attention towards me. They began to gather in groups and converse with each other, and I had a feeling they were discussing me. The Nommos were an intriguing alien species; they all looked humanoid. Still, they had distinguishing features like tails and unique facial structures.

I was taken aback when a woman suddenly appeared out of nowhere. 

"Hija! Did you go up again?" I came to my senses when I realized she was in front of us.

An old, plump woman with a stern look caught my attention. Her thin, high-arched eyebrows and lavender faux hawk hair were quite distinctive. Her tail was also unique, with a glowing vertical lining design that reached on top of her body suit, setting it apart. She seemed focused entirely on Marinagua with her purple eyes and didn't notice me.

"Yes, Tita, by the way, I want you to meet Erier."

The old lady glanced at me, and her facial expression changed. "Holy seashell! He is human. Marinagua! How many times have I told you?"

I laughed inside. Seriously, human? She scolds Marinagua like a ten-year-old in a singsong tone of voice. Her head glanced around, and when she found the crowd from afar, she looked back at us, looking worried. The mob of Nommos was getting thick as they all kept coming from every direction. If only I could come closer and say hello.