CHAPTER 29

CREY

I shot all these worthless troops. Besides, I won't have any use for them anymore, and it pissed me off. Those two scumbags had escaped me again, but that was only a matter of time. Iris and the Xyle-ver must not be overconfident that they are still safe. I still have the key, knowing these two will soon find me.

Now that my hideout has ended in ashes, where should I hide this bunch of human garbage again? Should I eliminate them all, together with the group of Xyle-ver? Iris's family is the only one I need, including Albert.

Before choosing her as my subject for this hybrid mission, I already knew her weaknesses. I courted her many times just to put the mark on her back, which was the stupidest thing I had ever done. With so many female humans here on Earth, how come the technology of our Progeny Experiment became compatible only with her?

I erased her memory several times because I always failed to get her. It was hard for her to obey me; the main reason was love—stupid, scum love. On the day of her wedding, that was when I acted. I got rid of Albert, her only weakness.

Yet another jerk came out of nowhere this time and hindered my plans. All my life, obstacles have been plaguing me along the way. The worst of them all was Draggo. I wonder, where is this dipshit hiding now?

***

I was a product of cloning technology from Draggo's DNA; we were one hundred. When our nitpicky queen refused to produce offspring, she turned to our genetic engineering instead. She decreed that we perfect it for our race's survival. We had been longing to rule the universe ever since, but the founding of the Alien Convention had ruined our plans. However for me, I never cared about our planet's intentions at all. The only thing that mattered was snatching Draggo's position, which our queen had granted him. If I succeeded, it would be the best fulfillment I could imagine.

Draggo's position was now vacant because I succeeded in overthrowing him. I had spilled all his assassination plots to our queen because he, too, wanted to rule our planet. I had never been so glad when our royal army arrested him. It was sweet revenge after so many years of maltreatment.

Draggo had considered me Krax-X, a rejected clone out of the one hundred clones. I was the only one with a defect, which made me an outcast in our world. My speech and motor skill development could have been faster. I remember Draggo planning to eliminate me from his sight, but our queen stopped him. Our queen believed that each of us was essential for our race's empowerment, with or without defects.

Everyone must follow whatever our queen has ordered, which is why Draggo hated her so much. He has never treated me well since then because I am the weakest, and he despises it.

"Out of my fucking way!" exclaimed Draggo.

I still recall how he thrust me so hard because I was obstructing his way. I was a child then. My group of clones had moved aside, leaving me in the middle.

Loud laughter followed when I rolled on the floor like a wheel. Nobody helped me stand up. No one even dared to make friends with me, so I lived my life full of hatred toward them. They always pushed, kicked, and slapped me because I was slow.

"Now that your tail has reached the floor," Draggo said, "you are all grown-ups and ready for your first combat training."

I tried to stand up and walk near the line. I had been disgusted with Draggo's face ever since I was a child. My clone brothers jumped and cheered while I stood still, my head pointing toward the floor.

"Except Krax-X," Draggo said. I looked at his face, and he was glaring. I already expected every word from his mouth because I had heard it before. "You don't have any rights or privileges here. You will remain a defect in my eyes."