20

"Words are our most inexhaustible source of Magic."

The four Fates shared a look, none speaking for a whole five minutes

"That sucked." It was the oldest Fate who spoke eventually, breaking the silence. 

"Atleast we tried-" 

"You tried. You. Only you." The Fate of the brave corrected her sister before looking back at the smoky ball which showed them an unconscious Jeongguk who was being carried into a random car.

The Fate of the Powerful sighed. "Atleast we're somewhere. Now they'll have to call up Taehyung anyway. And if he hadn't passed out then, we'll have to brainstorm again and not updating- I mean, freezing time isn't an option. That would cause more mess and we're just four normal Fates and I'm not going to that Wicked Fate to beg for her to co-operate along with her sidekicks again-"

"One last time-"

"Last time she fed me Baekse-Ju with dried mosquitoes and frog blood in it. Ten on Ten would not recommend." The Powerful Fate cringed at the memory, for a nostalgic moment remembering the taste of it on the tip of her tongue. "Besides, she refused right away. I only stayed for the free drink. I should've guessed that she would obviously do something like this. She said she would rate our heroes and their stories a Ten on a scale of Hundred, because that's her scale. She also said we're a Fifteen."

The other three Fates gasped at the other, their faces clearly showing how offended they were.

"It's been a while since we last wrote a tale! We just need to get back the flow! My hero Ahn Hye-jin is still remembered even after aeons!" The Fate of the brave exclaimed! 

"We can't forget my hero Kim Yong-Sun! She led them to victory!" The oldest Fate, The Fate of the Victorious added, proudly remembering the most glorious Tale she had ever crafted.

"And my hero Jung Whee-in. She was the kindest human ever." The youngest Fate sighed dreamily.

"And Moon Byul-yi. The most powerful Hero to have existed." The Fate of the powerful looked between her sisters.

Sure, they lacked the flow after waiting for the curse to start to wear off slowly for so long. Sure, they aren't the best out there as of now. Sure, only their past seemed glorious now and Sure, their future looks bleak.

But, this is not the end and as long as it isn't, they can still weave a perfect ending for their story.

The end isn't pre-destined. They will have to make the best out of what they have.

"Now now." The oldest fate called for the others' attention. "We've been experimenting up until now. But in order for history to repeat itself we'll need to make a few changes. We need to be more serious from now on-"

"Why so serious-"
If a shoe was thrown at the Fate of the brave then it's none of our business.
The Fate of the Victorious cleared her throat, eyeing the others, a silent warning to not interrupt her anymore.
And as the three Fates watched curiously, a small smile made it's way onto Jay's face.
It was honestly a little creepy, but none of the other fates commented on it.
"Also, little change is a must in our plot for the kind one and the powerful one and their bond. And I know just what to do."