6.Fitness Test

An un-eager Ben Tennyson sporting a black hoodie tracksuit with a yellow MON logo found himself standing in an open field littered with bizarre liminal obstacle courses, set up not too far from an almost military-esque training facility. A litter of Liminal trainees stood stiffly in a row as their trainer; an older Kobold woman, barked their regimen at them for today. It was nothing new for the trainees who'd been through this gruelling time table for the past few months, they'd clawed themselves through the demanding training needed to sign up for MON without any special exception to speak of. Speaking of; many of the trainee's had been giving Ben some fairly 'judgemental' glances when their trainer wasn't staring them down. Though none of them could make a peep as their trainer called out to them, their glancing expressions were best read as 'Eh you're kidding right?' All distracted by the loose postured human man with no prior training to be heard of among them. Their trainer began to wrap up calling for the the group's attention.

Kobold trainer: As you know your final physical and mental aptitude tests will be taken this week! Those who pass will be taken under consideration for a position in MON- if you're deemed capable, Think you're up to it!?

All: YES MA'AM!

All that being said, Ben couldn't help wondering why Miss Smith was getting him to prove his abilities, it wasn't like he didn't already display them in his 'escape'. Ben suspected this was more for the peace of mind of the higher ups that were uneasy with his sudden appearance like the werecat he'd met. His guessing game was interrupted as he was forcefully nudged to the side as a lightweight centaur stepped forward with an objection and a haughty attitude to back it up...

Lightweight Centaur: Ma'am! All due respect we've all been readying for this for months now, but this human boy I've- we've never heard of waltzes into the final exams without a word of warning? It's absurd!

Ben: (So... not much respect at all.)

Trainee: ...Yeah

Trainee: What's up with that?

Trainee: He won't last.

The Trainer gave Ben a stern look down as all the trainees waited with baited breath for an explanation, Before the Kobold gave a sharp grin and a blunt response to the Lightweight centaur.

Trainer: Hah, I guess you're right, Problem with that?

Lightweight Centaur: W- well I- As a matter of-

Kobold Trainer: -Then you can take it up with Officer Streife, she'll be supervising written exams this afternoon.

The centaur's jaw stiffened and her tail ceased it's gallant waving, much like the other trainees who'd felt a unanimous shiver among them.

Ben: Huh Streife's showing up?

A small breed of Arachne girl behind Ben in the line interrupted with a far more timid exclamation than her fellow trainee's...