eighty-three.

a happy couple

a happy couple

~~~~~

Maverick sat in the office of the school helping his mother sort through the papers for enrollments and agreements for boarding at the school. He had filed and re-organized over half of the papers that were for the school in his time during the day.

Anastasia was more than grateful for the help, especially seeing as she was now able to take care of other business for the school, as well as spend some time in between her work with her husband and her baby, Silas, who she had sadly not been able to spend a lot of time with in the past few days.

The brunette angel watched her eldest son with a fond smile as she saw how concentrated he was at making all the papers become perfectly in order. In between each paper, he would pick something up off of her desk and fiddle with it absentmindedly before he would make sure it was placed back on the desk exactly where he had taken it from.

It was ironic to her in a way, seeing as when he was younger, Maverick was the main offender in messing up her office.

~~~~~

|15 years ago|

Anastasia was walking through the halls of the school that had been open for just a little under a year. She had decided to build it with the help of her best friend, knowing how excluded many of the supernatural would feel when they attended a "normal" school.

She had made her way back to her office after she had made sure all the kids in the school were in their rooms with the lights out.

However, as soon as she opened the door to the office, an immediate frown of disbelief overtook her features.

Maverick and Ryder, who had just turned 5 years old at the time, looked like deer caught in headlights of a car. Their eyes were wide as they stared at their mother in surprise that she came back so quickly.

The mother took notice of the state of her office. Her desk was in complete disarray. Papers surrounded the entire perimeter of it, many of them adorned with crayon drawn scribbles and doodles. The pencil holder was tipped over on the wooden surface. All of the pens, pencils, and markers that were in were scattered across the floor. The permanent black ones were in the twins' hands, the caps were off as they scribbled on the mahogany colored wood. Ric's desk had already been decorated in a similar fashion.