Chapter Sixteen

"Y/n? Y/n, can you hear me?"

You groaned as you turned in your bed, reaching for your commlink that was currently going off.

"Y/n, if you are hearing this, please respond."

"Tech. It's not even morning."

"It's 0435, it is morning."

You groaned loudly and rolled back over, putting your commlink on your arm as Tech kept talking.

"I have some ideas for basic planning before our mission, just some minor details that will be straightened out when we actually arrive."

"Great. Talk to me about them in the morning."

"I already pointed out that it is morning-"

"Tech? Who in the karking hells are you talking to this early?" A very annoyed and tired voice said on Tech's side.

"Oh, just discussing plans with y/n-"

"Leave her alone. She needs rest," Crosshair said, and you silently thanked him for interjecting.

"Right, because she's probably still worn out from the long night you had with her a few days ago," Tech replied smugly.

"Tech! I can hear you," you said, your cheeks warming at the thought of him knowing. Wait, how did he know about that? Why did he know?

"Oh, sorry. I suppose I should not be discussing your private matters."

"Just go to kriffing bed already," Crosshair said, and you could hear stumbling in the background.

"No need to push me," Tech shot back.

"Go. To. Bed."

"I will see you in a few hours, y/n. We can discuss plans then."

"Mhmm," you said, eyes closed and on the verge of sleep.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear it."

"She said go to bed and leave her alone," Crosshair stated, and more stumbling filled the background. You heard sounds of struggling and then a bang against a wall.

"Ow!"

"Cut it out, Crosshair!"

"You cut it out! Quit trying to go back over there and just go to bed!"

"My stuff is over there!"

"Your stuff will be there in the morning, no one here wants to touch it."

"Why are you trying so badly to get me to leave? Is it because you want to have a love-dovey conversation with y/n?" Tech teased, but Crosshair didn't find it funny.

"No! Shut up! Dank farrik, just go!"

"I will if you ask nicely," Tech said. You couldn't help but tiredly smile at his comment, knowing how annoyed Crosshair must be.

"Oh you've got to be kriffing kidding me," Crosshair said.

"Just say please and I'll go," Tech said, and you could hear the smile in his voice.

"Please get the kark to bed," Crosshair said, and it sounded like he used all his strength to force it out.

"Alright, I will. Goodnight, y/n. I hope you have lovely dreams," Tech said, and you mumbled something back that wasn't quite real words.

After a few seconds, Crosshair's quiet voice came over the comm and barely reached your ears.

"I can get back at him for waking you if you'd like me to, princess cyar'ika," he said, but you were too tired to care about your interrupted slumber.