Chapter Eight

Tech woke everyone promptly at 06:00 the next morning. You grumbled as you tried to fight him, rolling to your side to try and get a few more precious minutes of sleep. The bed shifted as the others got up, being used to the early rises ordered from their batchmate.

"If we are to arrive at Utapau at a strategic time, we have to be going soon," Tech said as he watched you pull the covers over your head. You grumbled a response, not quite forming real words to which he rolled his eyes at. He looked to Hunter and Wrecker. They nodded, deciding to help get you up one way or another.

"Rise and shine!" Wrecker said as he pulled the covers off of you, Hunter and Tech opening the blinds so that the light of the morning spilled into the room.

"I just wanted a few more minutes," you groaned, shielding your eyes from the light.

"And we want to get to Utapau at the best time," Tech said. You glared drowsily at him and huffed, standing up and heading to the door.

"Meet us at the ship in 15 minutes," Tech called as you walked out to go to your own room.

"15 minutes?!" You questioned, pausing in the hall as you spun to look back through the open door.

"Yes, 15 minutes. It's a perfectly reasonable time limit to get ready before our departure," Tech responded. You just stared at him silently, eyes narrowing before you shook your head.

"The more time you stand there, the less time you have to get ready." You opened your mouth to shoot something back, but closed it and just turned away again.
Once you were at your room, you dressed quickly before going to brush your teeth. You reached out for your lightsaber, not wanting to waste time to find it yourself. When the cool metal met your hand, you slipped it into the clip on your belt and sprinted out of your room. You ran to the kitchen, grabbing a handful of ration bars as you didn't have time for a proper breakfast. After that, you quickly made your way to the hanger, where the Havoc Marauder was already humming, ready to take off.
"Good, you're finally here," Tech said when you climbed on.

"I'm not even late!" You countered.

"By Tech's standards, you are," Hunter laughed from his seat.

"I could give a kriff about Tech's standards," you grumbled while folding your arms over your chest.

"Sounds like the princess didn't get enough sleep last night," Crosshair joked from his seat beside you.

"Shove it, snarky."

"She's feisty today," he said, and you could sense his amusement. You were about to send another retort his way when Tech abruptly started to fly the ship out of the hanger, knocking you slightly off balance. You caught yourself on Hunter's seat and glared at the back of Tech's head.

"You might want to find somewhere to sit, y/n. We're about to jump to hyperspace," he said once he had set the coordinates.

"There's not exactly an open seat anywhere," you said while glancing around.

"Here ya go," Wrecker said. He pulled you into his lap and held you, smiling widely as you gave him a questioning look.

"It was either me or Crosshair, and I don't think he'd want you sitting on him."

"I can't argue with that," you replied. Crosshair, however, internally countered Wrecker's comment, thinking to himself how me might not mind holding you while you sat on his lap.

As Tech made the jump, you felt yourself pushed back into Wrecker's chest by the force of the jump. He held you tightly before Tech said it was alright to move again. You slid off his lap and briefly caught the look on Crosshairs face as he had been watching Wrecker hold you. His expression reminded you of Anakin's face when he had seen Rush Clovis and Padmé together, though it wasn't as twisted or hateful. You were about to make a comment on it when Tech spoke up.