stacey's emergency.

Start from the beginning

"YOU'RE INVITED TO A GALA?!" clauida cried at the next bsc meeting.

"and you're going to be on the cover of a magazine!" dawn smiled.

"it's really for the juvenile diabetes research foundation. my doctor is on the board and nominated me to be cover girl for the month." stacey explained.

"stacey, you should be cover girl every month," leah said, and she bit into another carrot, "look at that face!" the older blonde joked, squishing stacey's face between her hand.

"stacey, you are the fanciest person in stoneybrook." mary anne complimented her.

the phone rang, and kristy was quick to grab it, "hello, babysitters club! this is kristy thomas speaking!"

"...and there's, like, one more kind of, sort of cool thing. the JDRF is letting me put on a fashion show at the gala!" stacey revealed to the girls.

everyone was shrieking and excited, and leah wrapped her arms around stacey in a bear hug, which she accepted gratefully.

"hey," kristy interrupted them, and pointed at the phone, "alright, mrs.johanssen. sunday afternoon, 2:00 PM!"

"stacey, you're free on sunday? right?" mary anne asked, glancing at her binder.

"no, too many fashion shows and cover shoots." jessi joked.

"guys, stop. yes i can, kristy." stacey smiled, "this fashion show isn't to model couture. it's to auction off these pouches!" stacey explained.

"what's couture-"

"i'll explain later." clauida smiled at mallory.

(i love them both with my whole heart #clauidaandmallorybffs4ever)

"people with diabetes like to keep their testing kits in these, plus emergency snacks and juice in case their blood sugar is running low." stacey explained, and handed some to clauida and one to leah.

"these are so unfortunate looking. i wish i could decorate them like i did yours." clauida sighed.

"you can! i was thinking we could all come up with a design to make the pouches functional and cute, then, clauida, you can i can execute it."

clauida squealed, "i love a bff collab!"

"who would model them?" dawn asked.

"i was thinking maybe you guys would?" stacey offered.

"yes! of course! you don't even need to ask me!" leah exclaimed, as she stood up and did a hair flip to the side, "i was made for the runway! a beautiful blonde almost 15 year old, walking down the runway thingy!"

"what about me. model?" kristy said dead serious, "in front of a bunch of rich snobby people? hello? no!"

"it's for a good cause...even bubbles wants to do it! i haven't seen her this excited in forever!" stacey smiled.

kristy rolled her eyes, "fine. but i'm not wearing a dress."

"you looked amazing in that one dress you wore at the wedding! what about that one? do you still have it?" leah asked.

"psh! no!" kristy lied, "burnt that thing...like...forever ago!"

••••