27

"John called you while you were taking a bath, I didn't pick up. I hope I wasn't wrong. "

"It's okay. "

I sit timidly next to him, the TV is playing a movie I've never had the chance to see.
There is an uncomfortable silence for a long time until he speaks.

"Aren't you going to call him back?"

"It's not a good idea. I never thought he would do something like this."

"I've told you he is a dick but for some reason you always go back to him. "

I need to protect myself from you, that's why.

"Do you love him?"

No.
I love you.

"I don't know. "

He approaches me and slowly sits down next to me. His gaze burns all over me as I avoid looking at him.

"I can help you find out. "

I look at him in wonder, trying hard to understand what he means but it is impossible.

"How?"

"Give me one month. Be with me for one month and if you still love him, i will go away from you. "

I'm sure he's lost his mind. It is not possible to think such a thing, our life is not a movie.
I can't do things I'll regret later.

"I'm not gonna do that. He did something bad, but I can't cheat on him. I will marry him. "

"You already cheat on him. Don't overthink it. Just trust me. "

"Damiano, are you crazy? I can't do that!"

"Just one month. I swear. "

His face comes close to mine and his scent makes me feel sweetly dizzy.
Stella don't accept his proposal.

"Okay. "
I reply unable to think as his hand touches his face, I am close to his face before I know it we find ourselves kissing for a long time.

I'm sure I'll regret it, I don't know what I'm doing. This man is driving me crazy.

"You don't know how much I missed this. "
He whispers in my ear and I shudder.

"You are driving me crazy. "

I tell him as I continue to kiss him.
"Love that. "

[. . . ]

"I'm really sorry about yesterday. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I love you Stella. "

"It's okay John, i understand. "
I tell him almost nonchalantly as I head to the room to change clothes.
My mind is only on Damiano, which makes me feel guilty.

"Where were you yesterday? You can't imagine how worried I was. "

"I stayed in Victoria. "

"I'm preparing food, it'll be ready in a minute. "

"That's cool, but i have to go to Victoria. She has some problems with her girlfriend. "

"I feel like you are dating Victoria and not me. "

"Well, that's not my problem. Don't wait for me, I'm gonna sleep there. I have to be by her side. "

"You're still mad at me, aren't you?"

"It's okay John, i have to go now. "

His hand wraps around my wrist and kisses me without my expecting it.
I try to kiss him and I try to kiss him but it's the last thing I want to do.

Pulling myself away from him and getting into the car I start driving towards Damiano's house.

[. . . ]

"So are you together?"

Victoria asks us while we are in his arms.

"You could say that, yes. "

Damiano replies and I don't know how I feel.
It's not normal what is happening, I may have agreed and pretend that everything is fine, but I already regret it.

I know he won't change my mind, a month later I will marry John, I am confident in my decision.

"Does this mean we're not going to your dress fitting tomorrow?"
Victoria asks me, embarrassing me.

"We. . . we will go. It's -. . . "
Damiano interrupts me.
"I'll come too. It will be fun. "