Chapter Twenty-One

I feel myself creep into consciousness, but I lay still, trying to force myself back to sleep. Back into a really good dream. Exploring my mate. Mmm. I wasn't finished yet.

My wolf sighs in satisfaction. That wasn't a dream.

My eyes pop open involuntarily. Then, I immediately clench them closed again.

"WHAT?!"

My wolf just stays silent and smug, as I feel embarrassment creep into my veins.

"Did I...did I blurt out that he was sexy last night? Did I actually feel up his entire head, like the blind girl in Lionel Ritchie's 'Hello' video?"

Yes. And if you could cover more surface area today, I would appreciate it.

My mind just goes blank, because I don't even know what to do. Staying in this bed until I pass of natural causes seems like the best idea at the moment.

I realize the shower is going, so at least I don't have to face him right now. Then, I hear my phone ring from the other room. Well, there goes my stay-in-bed-until-I-die plan.

I dart out of the bed and into the main area. I grab my phone from my purse and Kristy's face is on my screen. I reluctantly answer.

"SARAH! Have you marked him? Did you take a trip to pound town? Tell me everything!!" She demands, foregoing any small talk.

I thank the moon goddess that Titus is in the shower, and didn't hear any of that. "No and no," I whisper shout. "Text me when you have your lunch break and we'll catch up, okay?"

"UGH SARAH! What are you waiting for?!" She whines.

I hear the shower shut off, and want to end this conversation, before he comes out.

I turn my back to the bedroom door, and squeak out, "I just need a little time to make sure this is the right decision, okay? This is the rest of my life we're talking about."

She basically growls. "How many times do I have to tell you? If the moon goddess chose him for you, then he's perfect for you. You're wasting all this time stressing out over nothing, when you could be getting your donut glazed all day and night!"

"GODDESS, Kristy!" I shout, at her euphemism.

Suddenly, I hear a clatter behind me, and whirl around. My eyes shoot to the sound, which is a phone on the floor, then my gaze travels up to Titus, who dropped it. My eyes only make it to his chest. He's shirtless, and my jaw literally drops, along with my phone as well.

Wow. I vaguely remember that in what I thought was my dream, I saw another scar peeking from the top of his shirt. Boy, was I wrong. There are SCARS - plural. How is he alive? His powerful chest and abdomen are marked with multiple long scars, and like his face, it only adds to his appeal. This man is an Alpha, but he is also a warrior.

Our mate is unrivaled. Perfection.

A more flawless male form doesn't exist - I'm sure of it. I feel my nipples tighten, which reminds me I'm not wearing a bra. Shit.

I glance down at myself. MOTHER FU-! I'm not wearing pants! I'm just frozen. I look back up at Titus and his eyes are amber and can't seem to stop them from roaming my body.

Suddenly, I get a rush of adrenaline from this fact. This perfect specimen of man is frozen at the sight of me.

I told you. You have power.

My train of thought is interrupted as I hear Kristy yelling, "Sarah!! What happened? Are you okay?"

I shake myself out of this trance I'm in. I pick up the phone, and turn my back to Titus, then remember that giving him that view is probably not helping the situation either. "I'm fine. Text me later, okay?" I don't give her time to say anything else embarrassing, before hitting "end."