Chapter 1-

Chapter One~

I grab my lunch bag before slowly shut the door to my locker. I press on it until I feel it click shut, locking it. I slowly make my way down the hall in no real hurry to get to the lunchroom. "I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment dad!" Niccone Mayers shouts, causing me to jump a bit in surprise. You can hear the sarcasm dripping from his deep voice.

Him and a few men are blocking the only door out to the lunchroom. Well, honestly, it's not the only door, but the others are too far away... Like way too far away.

"You're failing school!" A man shouts making me jump again. Everyone fears them, that's mostly because you can feel the power roll off of them making us humans feel inferior to them. Especially Niccone.

Niccone's extraordinary height, my guess roughly six-foot five-ish, makes him tower over most people in this school. His physique lives up to his alpha lineage, as well as his reputation. He has proved his dominance over this school with his many, many fights, that are mostly with his own kind. The werewolves.

   His electric blue eyes stand out on his tan face which is framed by his light brown hair. Many girls dream of catching his attention but he doesn't seem interested in any of them. Not that I would blame him, he does have a mate somewhere out in the world.

"It's not my fault! I don't have time to study because you always need me!" He shouts back, his anger radiates from him in powerful waves. Many of the wolves are giving him submissive postures one they feel his anger.

Hank grabs his arm. Now, Hank, I do sorta know. We share a few classes but very little conversations. Everything about Hank just screams that he is the opposite of his best pal. His blonde hair is short, leaving his dark brown eyes on full view. He too is tall and muscular like Niccone, but Hank is clearly shorter. 

Almost instantly does Hank's eyes lock on me.

"Nico we are blocking the way," Hank says nicely while glancing back at his friend.

"Why do I care if it's a dumb human who won't even speak up?" Niccone asks. His words send a painful blow to my fragile little ego. I gather myself before preparing myself to leave. 

"Wait," the older brunette man orders making me freeze in my place. I assume he is Niccones father which makes more panic rise through me. Does he want to hurt me? "Hank?"

"Chris Schneider, human, fifteen, Senior," Hank repeats in an almost robotic tone.

"Is Chris short for something Miss?" The man asks. I bet I look like a deer in headlights right now with how I'm froze in place. My panic is taking residence in my chest and throat.

"N-nn-no sirr." I stutter. He smiles at me, probably to ease my nervousness.

"Manners. Something humans and especially females lack these days. They just don't know how to be ladies. I like you Miss. Schneider," He says. I mindlessly scratch at my arm. "Smart too. Fifteen and a Senior? That's really impressive considering my seventeen year-old son is failing."

"Alpha she is supposed to be at lunch right now," Hank pipes up. I almost want to hug him for trying to help me out. I don't like being surrounded by so many powerful beings.

"If you asked me I would have said you were ten maybe eleven. You're a short little thing my guess barely five foot." He rambles.

"I don't see how this has anything to do with us. She's a human!" Niccone shouts his anger is clearly starting to tip over. My heart is beating painfully against my ribs. Alpha? I remember my grandmother saying you are supposed to bow to them and try to earn their respect. They lead the pack with a Luna as a wife, a Beta and a Gamma to take over if he dies. So to show my respect, and hopefully save my poor vastly beating heart, I bow my head.